cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS- Agent call monitoring

pkhopkins
Level 1
Level 1

I have been unsuccessful in getting call monitoring configured. The article #40423 in the Cisco Tech Center is not very helpful. All the agents are in one vlan on a downstream switch ( a 3550 which can support rspan). My core switches are two 4506's configured for failover. My CRS server has two NIC's with separate ip's and the monitoring server nic is in it's own vlan (per the information in the artice).

I tried setting up a rspan on the first 4506 to send all traffic (vlan) to/from port going to the downstream switch that has all the agents phones. When I enable the rspan on the switch that has the monitor server connected as the destination I no longer can ping that server NIC.

Does anyone have any more information how to configure silent call monitor/recording with downstream switches? I have about 10 to 15 agents active at one time.

Phil

3 Replies 3

jcampbell
Level 1
Level 1

Try statically defing the server's mac-address on the switch. For example:

mac-address-table static 000b.cd42.c4f5 vlan 20 interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1

Thanks, That helped I can now ping through the port when RSPAN is configured but I am still having trouble getting any data. I have a vlan for all voice traffic, I have RSPAN configured on the 3550 which has all the agent phones:

monitor session 1 source vlan 500 rx

monitor session 1 destination remote vlan 550 reflector-port Fa0/16

Then on the switch that has the monitor server:

monitor session 1 destination interface Gi6/7 ingress vlan 510

monitor session 1 source remote vlan 550

The router shows that it is sending traffic to the monitor server but nothing when I try to monitor a call.

Phil

please try to record the call and check if anything happens so we can identify more the problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: