cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS Script: AutoAttendant option overlapping with internal extension

joseph.soto
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to have an AA.aef script with five options, you know something like: press 1 for Marketing, press 2 for Management, ....and press 5 for Customer Service. The problem is that the internal phone extensions start with 5xxx. Is there a way to have the fifth option on the aa menu and also allow the caller to dial the extensions directly?

2 Replies 2

you can use 5 as your option however when you are using 1-5 or the 5xxxx you do a check so you should either use 5xxxx or use one of the 5 extension on the main menu and chose a option for dial by name or extension.

selection 1 can be sub menu and any other 5 digit will be your extions.  The best practice is to seperate out the direct extension dial to a sub menu and have main menu with top options 1,,2,3....so on.

If you are good with CRS you can get direct dial and all 5 options but its bit work and lot of script work not really recommended and in long run its not worth it.

hope it helps. Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks for your tip abdulbaseer. I had thought about creating a sub-menu if you want to dial the extensions directly. However I would like to know how to make it without the sub-menu. If you know how to do it would you please post it, I know it may be a lot of work but I don't want to remain with the doubt. Thank You in Advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: