Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS Script to find caller position in the queue and announce while waiting

arvindkannu
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently running IPCC 5.0 Express

I would like to announce to the caller/customer the position in the queue using the CRS script editor and announce.

Can anyone help.

10 Replies 10

esa786_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I think you need IPCC Exp Enhanced or premium edition with Advanced IVR facility. Then you can have dynamic que anouncement.But where to do in script, Our Script expert will explain.

regards

Gem

Thanks Gem, the customer does have the premium licenses only, now iam looking out for the script eagerly.

You can do this via the IPCC Express "Get Reporting Statistic" object. Set the Report Object to "CSQ IPCC Express" and the Field to "Position in Queue". Note that the position in queue can increment if a higher priority call comes in. So it is not always advisable to report this. Callers get upset when that happens. You can get around this by never allowing the variable that you use to report the statistic to increase.

Thanks for that reply....but after geting the value using Get

"Reporting Statistic" how can we announce the for the caller in the IVR...is there any inbuilt grammer available or we have to write one...incase if u have any similar script plz post that too..which will be very timely help.

Hi Arvind

Yes you can announce the position to the caller using the inbuilt grammar like you say, you use the Create Generated Prompt object.

I have uploaded an example that shows this.

hth

Andy

Thanks very much Andy....it was very helpful and I juz want to know that prompts like callersaheadofu.wav and thereare.wav are custom prompts...if so can u plz attach those as well this is juz for testing purpose Andy.

Thanks in advance

Reg

Arvind

I have ran into this same road block. Does anyone have these 2 .wav files (thereare.wav and callersaheadofu.wav) in the same voice that the rest of the generic prompts are recorded in? Sure we can record our own but I'm hoping for consistency amongst all prompts without having to record all of them ourselves. Thanks.

I've got the same issue.

Does anyones have these two .wav files callersaheadofu.wav and thereare.wav?

This is obviously an issue being experienced by multiple people.

Any help is appreciated.

hi guys

from memory the script I posted was from the Cisco script library and didn't include any wav files for the prompts, I will take another look to see what was there. I guess they assume that the customer can create their own prompts for these phrases.

eg there are '3' callers ahead of you.

andy

Hi, we have this problem of customers complaining that every now and again they are incremented in the call queue rather than decreasing, and was trying to figure out how you set the "never allowing the variable that you use to report the statistic to increase".

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: