cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS Unable to Refresh Database Schema

Mark Cockrell
Level 1
Level 1

We're running CRS 5.0 with ICM and CUCM.  I am unable to successfully refresh the database schema so that I can select a connection. 

I have 3 total data sources configured in CRS Administration.  I have an accompanying ODBC Data source configured for all three and they all test successfully.  I am able to sucessfully connect to each of these data sources using a SQL client from our IP IVR box.  I have also restarted the CRS Engine during my troubleshooting.

When I open a new or existing script, insert a Database Get Step, and hit the "Refresh Database Schema" button it just hangs for 30 minutes or more.  I ultimately have to shut it down using task manager. 

Any suggestions?

6 Replies 6

dsalamanca
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have the same problem, were you able to solve it?

In my case the refresh was ultimately sucessful.  I can't say for sure if the reboots, Engine restarts, or just patience are what corrected the issue.  One of the datasources was a hefty Oracle database and I guess it just took some time to pull back the entire schema definition.

Mark,

Do you remember how long it took before the refresh came back? An hour? Less? More? Just wondering how patient I need to be. Thanks.

It all depends on how many data sources you have defined and the sizes of those datasources.  I've seen it take upwards of 30 minutes in my environment.  If it takes any longer than that you may want to consider turning up tracing and see if something has gone awry. 

Thanks Mark.  Do you know off the top of your head which tracing and which levels might show something useful?

I assume if you set the Database Library (Lib_Database) and the Database Manager (DB_Mgr) to 'Debugging' that would capture the pertinent info.  That's just a guess though, it may be TAC case time.