CSQ & Skills

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

I have one CSQ, 2 Skills and 2 agents.

CSQ_Support contains the skills Support_Level_1 and Support_evel_2

Agent_1 has Support_Level_1 and Agnet_2 has Support_Level_2

Both agents are logged-in and ready. I call with reactive debug and see the call goes directly to the queue. Looks like the systems does not see the agents are logged-in and ready. As soon as I assign both Skills to Agent_1 and Agent_2 everything starts working. I In another word;

Calls go to the queue when:

Agent_1 has Support_Level_1

Agent_2 has Support_Level_2 

Calls go to the agents when:

Agent_1 has upport_Level_1 & Support_Level_2

Agent_2 has Support_Level_2  & Support_Level_1

Is this how it's supposed to work?

Thanks,

MK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi mightyking, 

If you configure your CSQ with Level 1 AND Level 2 skills, then this CSQ expects that the agents are also assigned BOTH Level 1 AND Level 2 skills. The keyword here is AND. If you assign only one skill to the Agent, then this Agent doesn't satisfy the CSQ requirements and therefore is not selected for the incoming call. 

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

can someone shed some light on this problem?

Thanks,

MK

It sounds like the required skills to answer a call may not be what you are expecting. Take a look at how the CSQ is defined, and post a screen shot. My off the cuff guess would be it requires a higher proficiency level than what is assigned to the agent that doesn't get calls.

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for taking the time and replying.

I confirm that the Agent_1 has proficiency level of (10), the Agent_2 has (5) and the minimum required proficiency level configured in the CSQ is (5).

The issue I have is that if I assign only the Support_Level_1 to Agent_1 which has a proficiency lever of (10) the system doesn't see the ready status of the agent but as soon as I assign the Support_Level_2 skill to Agent_1, the system starts seeing the status of the agent. From what I understand, if a CSQ is configured with multiple Skills, we need to assign all the configured Skills for that CSQ to an agent otherwise the agent will not be part of the CSQ. 

Thansk,

MK

The reason I asked to see the config of the CSQ is because it seems likely that it isn't matching what you are expecting. If changing agent skill levels causes them to get calls, then that seems to bears out my conclusion.

Hi mightyking, 

If you configure your CSQ with Level 1 AND Level 2 skills, then this CSQ expects that the agents are also assigned BOTH Level 1 AND Level 2 skills. The keyword here is AND. If you assign only one skill to the Agent, then this Agent doesn't satisfy the CSQ requirements and therefore is not selected for the incoming call. 

As @Elliot Dierksen wrote please share screenshots of how your CSQ is configured, from both of the pages that it contains.

Response Signature

Here's attached a screenshot of the CSQ and Agent configuration pages.

Please note that the name of the CSQ and Skills have changed but the issue is still present.

Thanks,

MK

In the second screen of the CSQ configuration you can use "Show resources" button. If you click this button, then you will see which agents satisfy the requirements of your CSQ. 

Dmytro,

This is exactly what my question is about. As soon as I remove the assignment of one of the skills from an agent, it disappears from the available resources in the CSQ. This confirms that in order for an agent to be qualified, he/she needs to have all Skills configured for a CSQ.

Thank,

MK

Hi mightyking, 

This is what I already answer to you in the morning ) (please see my message to you dated 08-02-2022 05:09 AM)  In order to satisfy the CSQ requirements (2 Skills are assigned to your CSQ), the agent also MUST have 2 skills. If you assign just 1 Skill only, then the agent is removed from the CSQ.  

As outlined in this document you need all skills assigned to the CSQ to also be assigned to the agent(s) to be applicable to be selected. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_12_5/maintain_and_operate/guide/uccx_b_uccx-125admin-and-operations-guide/uccx_b_uccx-125admin-and-operations-guide_chapter_0111.html

You assign agents to a CSQ by associating a resource group or by associating all skills of a particular CSQ. Agents in the selected resource group or who have all the selected skills are assigned to the CSQ.”

What you possibly could try is to change the resource pool selection model to Resource Group on the CSQ to see if that would make any difference.

Response Signature

Thank you everyone. I guess I have the answer which is all skills created in a CSQ need to be assigned to agent in order for the agent to be qualified for the CSQ.

MK

At least with the resource selection model set as you have in your shared screenshots. I’m pretty sure that if you would change it to Resource Group selection it could work without assigning all skills to every agent.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: