Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI, Call Forward or Direct Placement of Trigger

So in an installation in which there is an existing DID number passing four digits to CUCM,  we want to redirect to a UCCX Trigger.  Would it be best to just find the DN and call foward to a seperate Trigger DN, or to add the full DID number as a Trigger, or create a CTI route point to combine both?  Or anyother option?   Just wondering what the best practice recommendation would be from teh community.  Duh....           

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

if you are not using a really, really old version of UCCX, creating an application trigger creates a CTI Route point (including a DN) in CUCM. So it's not really necessary to forward and redirect calls. Actually, nothing can prevent you from doing that but I think the cleanest way of doing it is - without any "pre-forwarding". Let's keep things simple.

G.

So Gergely Lets say the Number is 1-NPA-NXX-1234 which already appears in the CUCM and is being routed as such, I think to a hunt group.  So now we have UCCX 8.5.1 with a New Script to handle Queueing etc.  This has been tested and working with a Test Trigger on the Application.   Should we just add the 1234 as a Trigger on this Application?  Or enter the entier 1-NPA-NXX-1234 on the Trigger and will this over ride the exisitng CUCM configuraiton?

Hi.

I must admit I am a bit lost. I assume you don't use overlapping DID numbers (if +1-nnn-ssss-xxxx is already routed to a Hunt Group, it would be a bit complicated to route the same number to a different service, for instance, a UCCX application).

Either way, I assume, the carrier sends the full National or Subscriber number (or it may be the full E.164 number) and you chop off the prefixes on the gateway or trunk or translation pattern level. The remainder is the extension number. To keep things consistent, you should assign the UCCX application to the extension number.

G.

I think we are almost on the same page.  At the end of the Day the Existing DID number of four digits currently points to a hunt group.  Now that we have a UCCX, we want that same number to be a Trigger to the new Script which Replaces the old Hunt Group.   Just wondering the process to do that?  Make sense?

Hi,

oh, I see now. So you actually want to replace the old Hunt Group with a new UCCX application.

The process is quite simple. Remove the Hunt Pilot from the CUCM. Then create a trigger in UCCX - you might want to choose the same settings for the partition, calling search space etc like it used to be for the Hunt Pilot. UCCX will actually talk to CUCM and create the necessary CTI Route Pattern there and assign this new CTI Route Pattern to the UCCX user so it can be used right away.

G.

"now", not "know"