Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI, JTAPI and PG in UCCE

israel.castillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

I confused with conectivity between devices in the UCCE solution, for example CUCM needs to have a CTI conectiviy with ICM, but why would the CUCM still the JTAPI?

or in UCCE you would need PG´s to connect with all the peripherals in your solution, what if I just use CTI´s instead of PG´s?

is the JTAPI part of the CTI ? 

also I understadn that CTI Server runs on a Peripheral Gateway (PG), so if I don´t have PG´s, there is no way I can create CTI´s for conectivity with my peripherals?

I really hope that someone can help me to clarify  all these concepts. Thanks.

5 Replies 5

You're asking some really big questions that might be bettered answered by this video. There's a few other like it, but this one is pretty good. It walks you through the majority of the communication paths CCE takes as it processes calls/messages. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p46zEgCetbY

david

Thanks David

But the video shows more about call flow between devices and perhaps more about CVP and ICM. It didn´t mention anything about CTI or JTAPI.

Regards,

Hi @israel.castillo Agree with @david.macias  that its very high level question you have asked. You need to understand the UCCE Inbound call flow in detail which definately answers WHY the role of CTI SVR is mandatory.

In very layman language for your understanding , CUCM handles extensions. ICM handles Agents. CTI handles both communications extension and agent. Finesse Agent desktop requires Agent ID and Extension to login the agent. 

If you know, during UCCE CTI SERVER setup, you need to define the CUCM jtapi credentials aka "PGuser". CG1A communicates / sync with CUCM over PGuser credentials to get the extension state.

CTI Server resides on Agent PG. During agent login and incoming call, the agent PG informs Finesse over GED188 protocol for incoming call request along with agent reservation request, extension details.

Attaching the document which will be very useful. I got this from one of the technical event I attended few years ago.

Hope this have been informative to you.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi, there doesn't seem to be a document attached?

Hi Ritesh 

Thanks, this is much better, but did you upload the document?