Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI OS Client Upgrade to 10.0

harisivaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade UCCE from 8.0(1) to 10.0 which includes CTI OS client upgrade, There are about 4000 Agents which we would need to install on one day maintenance window, is there any best recommended way to do this

Thanks

Hari

4 Replies 4

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

automated "silent" installs are supported, however, there are some limitations, take a look at the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ippcenterprise10_0_1/installation/UCCE_BK_CEA8733A_00_cti-os-man-guide-10/UCCE_BK_CEA8733A_00_cti-os-man-guide-10_chapter_0101.html

Chapter "CTI OS Component installation".

G.

Thanks G,

Yes there are chance this Silent install by creating "response file"might not work well, is there any other alternate way to perform this installation by pushing through Microsoft Server Application to all Agent machines

Thanks

Hari.S

Hi,

I am not aware of any alternative way of installing the Client.

G.

P.S.: I still remember the day when we were forced to upgrade the CTI OS clients at a large distributed call center with 400 agents, every single workstation. A year after the core of the first thin agent desktop application was born, long before Finesse.

Hi All,

I am also facing above issue of installing 1500 CTIOS client over night.  So i tried with above procedure, but it did not create Response file.  Could anyone tell me if anyone has tried above procedure and how to get response file created.

It would be a great help if i can get some help here.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: