cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI route point and CTI ports not registering - UCCX 10.5 and CUCM 10.5 - PARTIAL SERVICE

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

I'm trying to integrate CUCM 10.5 and UCCX 10.5.

For some reason CTI route point and CTI ports are not registering on the CUCM and the status of the UCCX is "PARTIAL SERVICE".

On the UCCX Cisco Unified CCX Engine is in status "PARTIAL SERVICE" and the Unified CM Telephony Subsystem shows status "OUT OF SERVICE".

I tried with completely new installation of UCCX twice and got the same result twice.

But when I tried integrating UCCX 10 with the same CUCM 10.5 from above everything works fine and all the ports are registering right away.

In all the cases I have done the same configuration.

The versions of CUCM is 10.5.2.10000-5.

The version of UCCX is 10.5.1.10000-24.

The version of UCCX 10 with which it works fine is 10.0.1.11001-37.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?

26 Replies 26

No I haven't. Unfortunately I don't have a 32bit Excel at the moment to try.

Can you please tell me this: I'm installing a new BE6000 system that came with this problematic version of UCCX (10.5.1.10000-24). I have been testing during the weekend with 3 versions of UCCX:

-10.0.1.11001-37

-10.6.1.10000-39 and

-10.5.1.10000-24

I got the best results with version 10.0.

Can I install that version (10.0) in BE6000 instead of the one that came preinstalled (10.5.1)?

This is my first BE6000 installation and I'm not sure if this is OK?

I installed a newer version of CUCM than the one that came preinstalled because I hit bug CSCup60269 but I'm not sure If I can go to a lower version for CCX.

OK. So I did manage to change the common device configuration for the CTI ports using BAT (I didn't know I can do that without excel) and after re-syncing the ports are finally registered. I will now have do some testing to verify they work as expected.

Thank you for the BAT tip!

But can you also tell me about the downgrade? Can I install UCCX 10.0 version in the BE6000 instead of the 10.5 that came preinstalled?

Regards. 

Hi,

I'm facing this issue with UCCX 10.5 and the CDC solved it for me and now all cti ports and route points are registered after CDC and resetting the CRS Engine

But there is a problem when I create a second Application and the cti route point isn't registered also until I reset the CRS Engine for the CDC to take effect

This way I'll need a down time for every new application and it isn't reasonable

Data resync and jtapi resync didn't register the cti RP also

Please advise how to get the CTI RP registered without resetting the CRS Engine

Thanks

Haitham

Hi Hythim,

Recently there was a bug fix done in CUCM CTIManager to have it report the IP Addressing Mode of a device, to its applications, which is consistent with what is displayed on the Device page of the CUCM admin - CSCup64413.   

However, this resulted in a slight BWC concern. Prior to  this fix, CTI used the report the configured IP addressing mode of a device, with no “Common Device Config” associated with it, as IPv4 and post this fix the configured IP addressing mode for the same device is reported as “IPv4 and IPv6”. Many applications use this value to set the IP addressing mode while registering CTI Ports and CTI Route Points and this change, although the right behavior, might break apps unless they make appropriate changes to adapt to it.

Thus, to remain compatible with older apps, we are planning to address this concern by introducing a new “CTIManager Service Parameter” in the CUCM admin page which can govern CTI to retain the old behavior (as prior to CSCup64413  ) and keep sending the Configured IP address mode as IPv4 if no “Common Device Config” is selected for a device OR use the behavior post CSCup64413  where CTI will report the IP Addressing mode as ‘IPv4 and IPv6’ for a device which has no Common Device Config associated to it.

CUCM 10.5.2 SU1 and 11.0 will be release with this new service paramater. By default it will be set to IPv4 only to be compatible to older apps.

Hi.
Could you mark the correct answer, please (from Vaijanath Sonvane helps me):

1. Found the below error message in the logs:

3028: Feb 02 16:31:17.972 EST %MIVR-SS_TEL-7-UNK:Sleeping 5 secs to re-register for CTI Port: 2471, payload[2]: 0=G711ALAW64K, 1=G711ULAW64K, max frame: 30 ms, after getting errorCTIERR_IPADDRMODE_MISMATCH[0x8ccc00f3]=Device registration failed because of unsupported device IP Addressing capabilitycom.cisco.jtapi.CiscoRegistrationExceptionImpl: Device registration failed because of unsupported device IP Addressing capability

3029: Feb 02 16:31:17.972 EST %MIVR-SS_TEL-7-EXCEPTION:com.cisco.jtapi.CiscoRegistrationExceptionImpl: Device registration failed because of unsupported device IP Addressing capability

This error message indicates that the UCCX CTI Ports, CTI Route Points and Agent Phones supports only IPv4 Addressing Mode. This configuration parameter is under “Common Device Configuration” in Cisco Unified CM.

Hi,

Thanks for this tip. For me works fine. ;)

Hi Srikanth,

CDC  worked for me with UCCX 10.5

But it is pain that every time I create CTI RP. I need to go to modify it

then resetting it have no effect

It register only after resetting the CRS Engine

Is there any way to register it with a simple action that when we go live. It'll be impossible to do that

Thanks

Haitham

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cisco CUCM Version : 10.5

Cisco UCCX Version : 10.5

Issue:

The UCCX agents were not receiving incoming calls.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Verified the registration status of UCCX CTI Ports and CTI Route Points – registration status was “Unregistered”
  2. Verified the status of Cisco UCCX services under UCCX Serviceability and found out that the Unified CM Telephony Subsystem is OUT_OF_SERVICE.
  3. Verified JTAPI Application user for CTI Ports and CTI Route Point association.
  4. Verified RMCM Application user for Agent Phones Associated.
  5. Restarted Cisco UCCX Engine Service – did not resolve the issue
  6. Restarted Cisco UCCX Server – did not resolve the issue
  7. Restarted CTI service on CUCM Publisher and Subscriber-1 – did not resolve the issue
  8. Changed the CTI Service Providers under UCCX and CUCM integration – did not resolve the issue
  9. Deleted Cisco UCCX Call Control Group and Recreated – did not resolve the issue
  10. Restarted the Cisco UCCX Engine Service again– did not resolve the issue
  11. Restarted Cisco UCCX Server again – did not resolve the issue
  12. Enabled the debug logs on the UCCX server
  13. Restarted Cisco UCCX Engine Service to generate fresh debug logs
  14. Collected Cisco UCCX Engine MIVR logs
  15. Found the below error message in the logs:

3028: Feb 02 16:31:17.972 EST %MIVR-SS_TEL-7-UNK:Sleeping 5 secs to re-register for CTI Port: 2471, payload[2]: 0=G711ALAW64K, 1=G711ULAW64K, max frame: 30 ms, after getting error CTIERR_IPADDRMODE_MISMATCH[0x8ccc00f3]=Device registration failed because of unsupported device IP Addressing capabilitycom.cisco.jtapi.CiscoRegistrationExceptionImpl: Device registration failed because of unsupported device IP Addressing capability

3029: Feb 02 16:31:17.972 EST %MIVR-SS_TEL-7-EXCEPTION:com.cisco.jtapi.CiscoRegistrationExceptionImpl: Device registration failed because of unsupported device IP Addressing capability

This error message indicates that the UCCX CTI Ports, CTI Route Points and Agent Phones supports only IPv4 Addressing Mode. This configuration parameter is under “Common Device Configuration” in Cisco Unified CM.

Solution:

1. Configured a separate “Common Device Configuration” with IP Addressing Mode as IPv4 only.
  2. Updated UCCX CTI Ports, CTI Route Points and Agent Phones in CUCM with new common device configuration profile.
  3. Restarted Cisco UCCX Engine Service
  4. Verified the registration status of UCCX CTI Ports and CTI Route Points – registration status “ Registered”
  5. Verified the status of Cisco UCCX services under UCCX Serviceability and Unified CM Telephony Subsystem is now IN_SERVICE

I hope this will help someone who is facing the similar issue.

Thanks,

Vaijanath Sonvane

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

This was exactly that i do to solve the issue. 

Regards!!

Worked like a charm.

Much apprecaited.

Ahsan

Hi

Restart all nodes the CCX, domain change in CUCM can cause service blocking on CCX nodes due to DNS issues

Regards

BalajiSivaraj49175
Spotlight
Spotlight

Capturing MiVR logs using RTMT 

Component/Issue Log files Log levels Component to select in RTMT

CRA_HRDM: MIVR Debuging, XDebug1

ICD_CTI: MIVR Debugging, XDebug1

SS_RM: MIVR Debuging, XDebug1

SS_CM: MIVR Debuging, XDebug1

SS_TEL: MIVR Debuging, XDebug1

SS_RMCM: MIVR Debuging, XDebug1

Tech Note on UCCX Tracing Levels - Cisco

Collect MIVR from the RTMT UCCX

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: