cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Server fails

rutgerhugen
Level 1
Level 1

We have IPCC 6 with the outbound option. When almost very agent logs out at once then the CTI server fails and restart...

Does anyone has an idea why?

regards,

Rutger

4 Replies 4

jeff.marshall
Level 1
Level 1

In a Duplex environment, the CTI Server (CG) is set to failover (side to side) if no clients are logged in. For most, the CTI/OS server is a CG client so it's not typically seen.

/Jeff

This answer is correct, but let me add a bit of detail. The CTI Server fails over when no clients are connected to handle the case when the public network interface is compromised (i.e. disconnected). When you pull the public network cable, CTI Server is going to time out the external connections after a minute. It may not get another event telling it that the public network is gone, so since no agents are connected, there is no harm in the CTI Server failing over to the other side, and allows a automatic recovery mechanism.

If CTI OS and CTI Server on the same box, CTI OS will remain connected, but it will tell CTI Server when no more agents are connected so that CTI Server can take the proper recovery actions.

Thanks for your answers. I our case not every agent logs out there will always be a few loged in. So the agents who are loged in are disconnected and the call is gone. I am talking about an IPCC 6.0 installation with CAD.

OK. From what you have explained this is not expected behavior. There is not enough information here to determine the root cause of why agents are logging out or why CTI Server is restarting.

My recommendation is to open a case with your support provider. Include which version of IPCC that you have (including which Service Release has been loaded), let them know its an IPCC Enterprise deployment with CAD.

They will walk you through collecting appropriate logs to trouble shoot further.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: