Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Server Protocol - session not open returned if a single PIM is down

mark.rennie1
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We have a custom integration (not Cisco Agent Desktop) that is connecting to the CTI server using the CTI Server Message Protocol in order to listen for agent state events.  We had an issue whereby there were 3 PIMs configured on this environment.  Some fail-over situation occurred resulting in 2 PIMs being up and 1 down. Our integration only really requires data from 2 of the PIMs (CUCMs) and not the PIM that was down (VRU).

However when we tried to make an OPEN_REQ to the CTI Server then we got an error code E_CTI_SESSION_NOT_OPEN that essentially blocked access to the entire server since the VRU PIM was down.  This is despite the fact that our application only requires to connect and receive data from the CUCM PIM.

Is this valid behaviour to get this response?

Thanks,
Mark

2 Replies 2

Was the CTI server in an active state? It's possible with the failure that the PG renegotiated who was active and idle.

david

Thanks David.  I believe the CTI server was still in active state.  At the time it was thought it sounded similar to the following defect - CSCus69879 - although this was related to CAD and not the actual CTI server.  I am not sure what the resolution details were for this defect.

I don't really think our application can handle this situation any differently at the code-level however since we get a FAILURE_CONF with E_CTI_SESSION_NOT_OPEN which means we can't open a connection to the CTI Server therefore our application can't connect.

I believe the issue was resolved by re-enabling all PIMs on the Peripheral Gateway.  Just wasn't sure if this is expected Cisco behaviour or not.