cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTIOS 7.5.9 logging multiple agents into same ID and device

paul jurkowski
Level 1
Level 1

Should I be able to log 2 agents into the same ID and device at the same time.

Example:

Agent A with agent ID 1234 is logged into extension 5678.

Another agent logs into CTIOS with the same credentials from a different PC. So agent B sits down, upens up CTIOS and logs in with agent 1234 into device 5678 at the same time, no error message that ID or device is already in use, etc.

From what I remember, this was not possible?!? or is it?

5 Replies 5

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks, found this one yesterday. However I swear this was working a few weeks/months ago,wondering if a patch or upgrade changed the setting. Not that interested in finding out if that's the case and we changed it already because our agents are not so bright...

We put this in and I'm pretty sure we cycled the services. Wondering if we need to reboot or something also. The issues we are running into are agents logging in and getting the message that they are already logged in. Most likely, these people havent' logged off for days, rebooting the phone seems to resolve it. However, there are a few that this doesn't seem to fix. I'm going to reboot the PGs tonight, see if that fixes it but if anyone has heard of this before please let me know.

thanks,

paul

Paul,

You can try resetting the agent status through PIM by using PROCMON Command:

>> resetas 12345

where 12345 is agentID

This may or may not work depending on the particular situation.

other possibility is that agent is not logging out properly and you dont have forcelogoutonsessionclose set in CTIOS registry.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ctios/ctios7_5/install/guide/cti75smg.pdf

Page 98/168

If agent is not logging out propery ( ->Not_Ready->Logout) and is instead closing out the agent desktop, UCCE will keep then in the last state they were in and they wont be able to login as they are already logged in. Adding this registry will force log them out when CTIOS recevies an onconnectionclosed event (when they close the app).

I hope this helps.

-Denis

Sure does. We have people that do that all the time and it drives me nuts. Rebooting the PGs seems to have resolved the issue for the most part, never can tell when changing the registry keys and having agents that log out when they feel like it.

Thanks,

Paul