cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTIOS 8.5(2) Agent Desktop fails to start - file not found exception

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I can run the CTIOS 8.0(1) Agent Desktop OK against my 8.5(2) system, but when I install 8.5(2) SR on the client machine (running XP SP3), the app will not start. (Actually trace shows it starts a little bit but debugging doesn't point out the problem).

It pops up a Windows Message wanting to send a report to Microsoft (yeah, we know where that goes) and I can see it say something about a file not found exception.

I uninstall CTIOS 8.5(2) and it works perfectly.

Makes you wonder how this passed QC testing. I have tried on two different machines.

Anyone have the workaround that establishes the file it's looking for?

Regards,

Geoff

22 Replies 22

prajagop
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Geoff,

Can you attach a quick screenshot of the exact error message you are getting? Also what is the trace level on the CTIOS client desktop set to in the registry? If not set to anything, set it at ffff for Tracemask and try reproducing and see if the snippet shows anything.

Thanks

Prasanna.

Hi Prasanna,

Yeah, I did crank the trace up to 0xffff and examined it to see if it would point me in the right direction. But nothing really jumped out at me - nothing about trying to open a file.

I carefully examined the Windows Error Report, opened up what it would send to Microsoft, and examined the stack trace to see if I could get a clue as to what file it was looking for. The error from Microsoft was "filenotfound exception". I think I saved the screen shot somewhere.

I tested this on two different XP SP3 machines. Once I removed 8.5(2) it was all fine. Now both of these machines have been used for CTIOS in the past, but I did remove the old versions first.

I'll get the info tomorrow and upload. If I can't find the screenshot I'll install 8.5(2) again and retest - that's worth another try anyway.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

I am curious...  Did you use 8.0(1a) base install of CTIOS?  It was just released to pressing last week Monday for solving problems for upgrading to 8.5(2) specifically...

I bet your going to need to get ahold of this disk...  Have fun getting it without using the PUT tool, TAC has refused.... very annoyed..

Chad

Chad,

I don't have the 8.0(1a) installer yet. It's only mandatory for installation on Windows 2008.

Regards,

Geoff

gotcha, FYI we also seem to need it for Windows 7 64bit

Chad

Ah, I haven't tried a client install on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop yet. Thanks for the tip. I should have the installer soon as I am doing a customer on W2008.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Chad, you mean in addition to 8.0(1a) of ICM, there is another disc for 8.0(1a) CTIOS?? I am having issue upgrading CTIOS from 8.0(1) to 8.5.2 on Win2K8R2. Upgrade keeps complaining FCS Base: CTIOS_8_0_1_0_0_0_0, NOT Found and some other errors.

you know it, better get the new disc through the PUT tool!

Chad

Can you attach a quick screenshot of the exact error message you are getting?

I can attach a screenshot. I get this error from the standard CTIOS Agent Desktop any of the Win32 CIL toolkit clients.

I then ran the Outbound client inside Visual Studio .NET to see where it was failing:

and it's in loading the Chat Control. Nothing special here about this control - there are a ton of controls. If we look though, at the controls loaded, we see 7.5 and 8.5, but not 8.0 which is the control the application is calling for.

I did copy the 8.0 control from the patch directory and it moved passed that one, to the next one - and that one is a problem. So it's just going to go on like this.

I also tried a couple of C# applications and they are also failing in a similar way.

Regards,

Geoff

OK, I am pretty sure the problem is to do with Agent Greeting - and that makes sense, because that's a  new feature in 8.5(2).

I tried to rebuild the solution in Visual Studio 2005 and it complained about missing Interop.AgentGreetingCtl.dll so I used Project - Add References - Browse and located the AgentGreetingCtl and added it. It now compiled and the softphone started.

I also tried the same with the Outbound Toolkit app and made that work too.

So both of those work, but the supplied SoftPhone does not. There is a bug here but I don't know what causes the problem. Not surprised that it is with Agent Greeting.

Regards,

Geoff

Kudos for solving your own problem like a boss.  Sounds like you're going to have to go TAC to get an ES or SR.

david

OK, I have the 8.0.1A installer for both UCCE and CTIOS and have built a system on W2008R2 SP1 on a set of VMs running under ESX 4.1

I thought I would look again at this issue with the CTIOS desktop.

I completely uninstalled CTIOS on the XP desktop machine and installed CTIOS clients from the 8.0.1A installer.

Agent Desktop worked fine. Great.

Installed 8.5(2). Now it's broken as described above. I did not really think changing the base installer would solve the problem, but one has to be sure.

Remove 8.5(2). Works ok again.

You'd think someone at Cisco would have noticed. It's not rocket science.

Regards,

Geoff

Did you file a bug / open a TAC case on this and get a BugID or do I need to?  Of course I need it for a project...

confirmed on my home PC aswell.

Chad

I have a case opened and am waiting for a callback, will send this to development if it isn't already.

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: