Helpful
Replies

CTIServer

Sukhadeo Prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Platform - finesse 11.5

I am trying to fetch events from CTIServer using the sample available on the internet (crsstisample). It works well when OPEN_REQ is sent with version 10, as shown below -

connect -s 192.168.1.33 -n 42027

openreq -v 10 -t 0xffffffff -s 0x00000010 -c 0x001fffff -a 0x000003ff -g 0xf -i ucceadmin -p Core@123

Moment i change version to 15 (GED-188 protocol version 15 is supported on UCCE 11.5), I receive OPEN_CONF and SYSTEM_EVENT without any error. But when i make calls from the IPCommunicator, i do not get any events (Agent Status / Call events). In fact i do not get even a single byte on the socket. No error message from ctiserver.

MsgType: OPEN_CONF, BodyLength: 30

Invoke ID: 1

ServiceGranted: 0x10

PeripheralOnline: 1

AgentState: 9

agent_extension:

agent_instrument:

agent_id:

MsgType: SYSTEM_EVENT, BodyLength: 26

CCXStatus: 0

CCXTime: 1519737328

SystemEventID: 3

SystemEventArg1: 5003

SystemEventArg2: 0

SystemEventArg3: 0

EventDeviceType: 65535

Text:

EventDeviceID:

I get almost get same result for all protocol versions (11,12,13,14,15) except 10.

With protocol version 10, everything is perfect. I receive all agent and call related events.

As per documents all above GED-188 protocol versions (10,11,12,13,14,15) are supported on UCCE 11.5.

Pls. suggest what could be the reason. Why it only works for version 10.

Regards,

Sukhadeo.

7 Replies 7

ravidsin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sukhadeo,

I have tried opening  all event client with CTI protocol version 11 and specifying below masks .

OPEN_REQ (InvokeID:0x2000000 VersionNumber:11 IdleTimeout:20 PeripheralID:5000 

ServiceMask:0x10 CallMsgMask:0x1ffffff AgentStateMask:0x3ff ConfigMsgMask:0x3f ...

I am able to receive the agent state events . I have quickly tried it on ICM 11.6(1) . Can you please share the sample client to try it in my lab. Once you share the client application, I will try and share the result from ICM 11.5(1) as well.

Can you please clarify below as well --

Is -t 0xffffffff corresponds to TaskTraceMask ? . What is -g 0xf flag is for? .

Thanks,

Ravideep

Hi Ravideep,

-t 0xffffffff corresponds to timeout interval. Because I have not implemented HeartBeat, I kept it as 0xffffffff.

-g 0xf flag is for ComnfigMsgMask in OPEN_REQ message.

I am using crsctisample (C++) which I downloaded from Cisco site. Its very old source code and base on GED-188 protocol version 10.

Could you pls confirm if GED-188 protocol version 10 is compatible with UCCE 10.x and 11.x. If so I can continue using version 10. Else in need to port the sample for specific UCCE version and test.

If you need, I can send the crsctisample source code.

Also if you have GED-188 protocol 10 reference guide, pls send it as it is not available on the net now.

Regards,

Sukhadeo.

Thanks Sukhadeo for clarification.

Yes CTIProtocol version 10 is compatible with CCE release 10.x and 11.x.

Please send the sample code over , I will try in my lab and let you know the results.

Sukhadeo,

Are you using "Unified Contact Center Express 11.5"  or "Unified Contact Center Enterprise 11.5" ? . I noticed that the sample code you are mentioning is for UCCX (Express) CTI Server. This DevNet forum is for UCCE (Enterprise) CTI related queries. You may need to post your query on Express CTI

Thanks,

Ravideep

Sukhadeo,

Let me know if you need further assitance on it?

Thanks,

Ravideep

Hi Ravideep,

I customized the crsctisample source code for UCCE.

If GED-188 protocol 10 supports UCCE version 11.5, that will work for us.

Thanks for clarification on version compatibility.

Regards,

Sukhadeo.

There is sample in c# how to connect to cti server ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: