Helpful
Replies

CUAC Standard 10.6 design issue -Server and client

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi guys,

Sorry if the title is not clear, but I am confused for one point

Before one project I had CUAC Buisness edition server was installed in server 2003 and one client software installed in windows 10 so there is a client and server!

But today I found the client bought CUAC standard 1 license and was installed in Windows 8.1 only, is this correct design? so the client and server at the same PC ! 

other issue because there is one Cisco IP phone registered with CUAC Application user and login with the extension number!

so the the Cisco IP phone will use to answer the phone or how could the system work?

Sorry if I am understand the design, need some clarification :)

Thanks for all 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

CUAC Business Edition was a server based product running on Windows Server. It supported up to 12 operators.

CUAC Standard is a smaller product that does not have a server component - it just runs on the operator PC.

They are two very different products. If you only have one operator then CUAC Standard is a good option.

I do not understand the second part of your question. Please can you supply more detail.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

CUAC Business Edition was a server based product running on Windows Server. It supported up to 12 operators.

CUAC Standard is a smaller product that does not have a server component - it just runs on the operator PC.

They are two very different products. If you only have one operator then CUAC Standard is a good option.

I do not understand the second part of your question. Please can you supply more detail.

@James Hawkins wrote:

Hi,

Thanks James for nice and clear explanation

the second point I mean that I used a Cisco IP phone CP7821 and that phone with extension 1060 for operator, when the operator got a call will he answer from the Cisco IP phone or from PC CUAC? or he has two options?