cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCCX 9.x CAD: can an Agent selectively login to queues?

raziel78kain
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have a quick question: is it possible for an Agent on CUCCX 9.x CAD to selectively login to some of the queues assigned to him?

TIA and regards.

6 Replies 6

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, not really. The closest you'll get to that is to give the Agent multiple login accounts, but use the same phone.

See, an Agent is skilled by an admin or supervisor, and those skills are assigned to CSQ's by an admin or supervisor.  Nothing about that process allows the Agent to have a choice.

However, the "do's and dont's" of UCCX allow multiple Agents to share the same phone, just so long as they are not trying to use it at the same time.  Think of an office with 24/7 coverage, and people sharing desks between shifts.  This is totally valid.

So, in a way, you are creating new Agents, but for the purpose of having a different skill set, and thus servicing a different CSQ.

The Agent simply logs out of one, and into the other, to select which CSQ they want to serve.  This will mess with reporting, because now all of their activities under one login will not completely capture the big picture.

Good luck.

EDIT: I should also mention, if you have a small call center, and only needed this to happen for like one person, you could just make them a supervisor of themselves, and then they can just adjust the skills as needed.  But this does not work on a large scale at all.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Thanks Anthony for your answer!

Hi

There is a new development in UCCX 9.0(2) that will allow this sort of thing.

Basically Cisco have (finally) introduced a configuration API. This means that we can now develop apps to (for example) dynamically change the skills assigned to an agent. We could provision a web page in CAD that allows an agent to drop in and out of queues by changing their skills.

That said - if you aren't on 9.0(2), or you don't have the required dev skills and don't want to hire someone to do it - then Anthony's response (+5) is correct.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron Harrison wrote:

Cisco [has] (finally) introduced a configuration API.

Woah.  That's cool.  Thank you for the info.

Anthony Holloway

Yeah! Exciting isn't it?

:-)

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

It is to me!  But then again, I'm a nerd. 

Anthony Holloway