We are running CUCM 11.5 and UCCX 11.6. Last year we made an adjustment to a LDAP custom filter in CUCM that was configured poorly. After updating the filter and performing a sync we lost all of our agents in UCCX. We were able to quickly revert our changes and get the users added back. I have created a new LDAP directory that matches the previous one and applied a new custom filter to it. My thought process is since I now have a working directory with the correct filter and it has synced, can I now delete the old directory entirely without risk of losing my UCCX agents and their configurations again?
The only difference between the old and new directory is that they have different custom filters. The old filter pulled all users active and inactive with a specific word in the office field in AD. The new filter is looking for active user accounts with a specific word in the office field along with the ipphone field being filled out.
I'm thinking this will work but wanted to run this by this wonderful community of experts and professionals before making a change.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Is the source of both the directory setups the same? If so then if both brings in the users for agents you should be good.
+5 for you both! Yes, the source is exactly the same. Good to know on the RmCm Resource page. I will avoid UCCX until the users are confirmed in CUCM. Cheers
Worked perfectly! I took it an extra step and just stopped the Cisco Tomcat service on the UCCX nodes while I was performing the work. Ran a manual sync on the new directory, waited about 15 minutes for it to complete. Deleted the old directory, then performed a manual sync on the new directory once again, waited 15 minutes. Checked and saw a ton of inactive accounts and verified our agents were showing up. Started the Cisco Tomcat service on both nodes and logged in and confirmed agents and configurations were still intact.
Again, thank you both for the feedback!