cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade from 8.6(2a) / 8.6.2.20000-2 to 8.6.(2a)SU2 (8.6.2.22900-9)

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

I'm getting ready to upgrade a client's CUCM cluster from 8.6(2a) / 8.6.2.20000-2 to 

8.6.(2a)SU2 (8.6.2.22900-9).  They use extension mobilty with UCCX version 8.5.1.11003-32.

Does anyone know of any issues with ugprading this cluster vis a vis their UCCX version ?

The current CUCM Version 8.6(2a) / 8.6.2.20000-2 shows a JTAPI shows the following JTAPI version:

admin:show packages active cm-jtapi-

Active Side Package(s): for cm-jtapi- package(s)

cm-jtapi-plugin-8.6.2.10000-2

From the ReadMe For Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 8.6(2a)SU2

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/93949/cucm-readme-862asu2.pdf

I see that it shows:

cm-jtapi-plugin-8.6.2.10000-10.i386.rpm

Once I have performed the CUCM upgrade - do I need to upgrade the JTAPI plugin on the UCCX Platform?

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Simply perform the upgrade of CUCM and then login to UCCX and it will tell you that Jtapi needs to be synced, simply accept it and it will take only couple of minutes.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Simply perform the upgrade of CUCM and then login to UCCX and it will tell you that Jtapi needs to be synced, simply accept it and it will take only couple of minutes.

HTH,

Chris

Appreciate it Chris.  Have a good weekend.

mohamed helmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Amir,

I am going to do the same upgrade, so please tell me if you faced any problems during the upgrade. and what about the Jtapi?

also one more thing, I have a cluster with three servers " Pub and two Subs", so after uploading the iso file to the Pub, will i do "switch version"? or wait till uploading the file to the other Subs then do " switch version" one by one ?

Regards,
Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

Mohamed,

I have not actually peformed the upgrade yet.  If you have done so - please reply with any lessons learned that you have.

I would upload the file to all the servers in your cluster prior to your upgrade maintenance window.  This should not be service impacting.

Then during your upgrade maintenance window -

Step 15 Once the Publisher and the subscribers have been upgraded, a version switch must be completed so                  the servers reboot to the new upgraded partition as follows;

• Web Browse to the Publisher’s OS Administration GUI
  • To restart the system and activate the upgrade, choose Settings > Version; then, click Switch Version.
  • The system restarts and should be running the upgraded software. Once the Publisher is accessible, proceed with the subscribers.

Good Luck,

Amir

Hello Amir,

I did the upgrade successfully. uploaded the ISO file to the Pub, then install it. do the same step to the other subs.

then I installed at the Pub

i did this upgrade with no downtime. so all phones were registered to Subs only. i used this point and downgraded the firmware of the phones to match the same one used in version  8.6.2.20000-2

then install the ISO file at the Subs one by one

it worked correctly and nothing wrong happened with jtapi

good luck with your task

Regards,
Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy