cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC 12.5 Blank Reports when pulled from Subscribers. UCCE deployment.

SANJ21
Level 1
Level 1

We have a newly deployed 12K UCCE 12.5 that has a primary CUIC publisher with 5 subscribers. When we run Historical reports from the pub, they show reports properly. When we log in to any of the subscribers and pull the same exact reports, they are blank but show "Success" at the bottom. This seems to be only with Historical Reports. Checked the DBReplication and all show 2 (Setup Completed) with no errors and records match. Tried using application administrator or regular user with the same exact results. Datasources show all green. Historical datasource is pointed to the HDS's (not awdb) as this is a 12K deployment and when we pointed to awdb as you normally would reports would error out. Tried both FQDN and IP addresses for URL and different browsers with the same exact results. Any ideas why? TIA

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

SANJ21
Level 1
Level 1

So it looks like the fix here is to keep the UCCE Historical datasource host pointed to the HDS servers but point the DB name to awdb instead of hds. If you point it to the HDS server and to it's hds DB, only the publisher/controller works but the Subs don't. 

View solution in original post

Hi, you mean this step? https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/pcce/pcce_11_0_1/installation/Guide/PCCE_BK_P60A21AC_00_pcce-install-upgrade-guide-11-0/PCCE_BK_P60A21AC_00_pcce-install-upgrade-guide-11-0_chapter_010001.pdf

Step 1 Sign in to UnifiedIntelligence Center with your Cisco IntelligenceCenter administrator account (https://<hostname>:8444/cuic).
Step 2 Click Data Sources in the left panel.
Step 3 Select the UCCE Historical data source. Click Edit.a)In the Datasource Host field, enter the IP Address of the external AW-HDS-DDS server.b)In the Port field, enter1433.c)In the Database Name field, enter {instance}_awdb

Thank you for posting the answer and the symptom.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

We had some unusual behavior until we changed the cluster mode. This was in 11.6 not 12.5, but might be worth trying.

If you do something like create a report on one of the subs, does it show up on the pub for instance?
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvq99014/?rfs=iqvred

SANJ21
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Bill,

Hope all is well.

We do have the cluster mode left at tcp-ip. I also did a basic "Save As" on one of the stock historical reports from the Sub and verified it shows up on the Pub. Running that same report on both Pub/Sub and getting the same issue where it shows the details on the Pub but blank on the Sub. Let me know if you have any other ideas. TIA!

That is strange.

If you go into CUIC OAMP (I'm assuming that didn't change in 12.5), does it look normal there as far as the cluster?

Also, if you look at the SQL of the report that shows blank on the sub, I'm assuming it looks exactly the same as the one on the pub?

And I'm guessing you've restarted (not just some services, but hard restart the servers)?

SANJ21
Level 1
Level 1

Bill,

Yep. weird. The cluster in OAMP looks fine from what I can see. All are running and in service in the Control Center as well as in Serviceability. I did check the SQL query on the subs for the sample reports I pulled to see if there's anything odd there but they do match the pub exactly.

As for restarts, we did restart the CUIC servers fully previously (utils system restart) when we added CORS to fix Live Data issue in Finesse. Haven't rebooted since. Might need to put that on the list of things to try but am also waiting for TAC recommendations at this point. I suspect this is a feature(defect).

Are you logged in as the same user on both servers? In OAMP do you see all devices configured correctly controller and members? Under control center are all services running?

SANJ21
Level 1
Level 1

David,

Yes, tried both regular user and Application Administrator on Pub/Sub with the same issue still. Control Center shows all "Running(in service) and correctly configured controller/members as well.

One thing that might(?) have caused an issue to this is we had to re-import HDS DB during cutover but didn't reboot any of the CUIC servers after. Will try for that while we wait for TAC's response.

SANJ21
Level 1
Level 1

So it looks like the fix here is to keep the UCCE Historical datasource host pointed to the HDS servers but point the DB name to awdb instead of hds. If you point it to the HDS server and to it's hds DB, only the publisher/controller works but the Subs don't. 

Hi, you mean this step? https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/pcce/pcce_11_0_1/installation/Guide/PCCE_BK_P60A21AC_00_pcce-install-upgrade-guide-11-0/PCCE_BK_P60A21AC_00_pcce-install-upgrade-guide-11-0_chapter_010001.pdf

Step 1 Sign in to UnifiedIntelligence Center with your Cisco IntelligenceCenter administrator account (https://<hostname>:8444/cuic).
Step 2 Click Data Sources in the left panel.
Step 3 Select the UCCE Historical data source. Click Edit.a)In the Datasource Host field, enter the IP Address of the external AW-HDS-DDS server.b)In the Port field, enter1433.c)In the Database Name field, enter {instance}_awdb

Thank you for posting the answer and the symptom.

Yes, that's correct Bill.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: