cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC application cluster is not formed correctly

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

Recently upgraded from 12.0.1 to 12.5.1 SU1. When logging in to CUIC getting the following warning.

"CUIC application cluster is not formed correctly. Please refer to the Troubleshooting Cluster Configuration section in the CUIC Administration Console User Guide to troubleshoot this issue."

Before the upgrade there was an issue with the hostname in the finesse server table in SQL. This was due to a hostname change over two years ago. 

When running 

run sql select * from db_phx_config:server

serverid description

The hostname for the secondary server showed the old hostname.

Ran 

run sql update db_phx_config:server set iphostname='FINESSE02.pyramidhc.com' where iphostname='UCCX02.pyramidhc.com'

After that failover worked. I'm giving this information just in case this has something to do with the warning we are receiving. 

Please rate if this helps.
8 Replies 8

Here is some info from a recent TAC case I had for this exact error.

As discussed on the phone, the error is likely being caused by the clustering mode defaulting to multicast which doesn't work with the nodes in different subnets. (or not matching between nodes)

Please use the following steps to change the CUIC clustering mode in CLI:

* Run the following commands on all nodes in the given sequence starting from the Publisher node:
Note: Execute every step on all nodes before performing the subsequent step.

1. Stop the reporting service on both nodes:

utils service stop Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Reporting Service

2: Edit the cluster mode on each node to tcp/ip:

utils cuic cluster mode

- The output will prompt you to choose a mode, so select 2 for 'tcp-ip'

3. After making the change, verify that both nodes are matching modes:

utils cuic cluster show

- Output on both nodes should now show tcp/ip instead of multicast

4. After changing the cluster mode on both nodes, restart both CUIC services on both nodes starting with publisher:

utils service restart Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Reporting Service
utils service restart Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Serviceability Service

This same issue also caused problems as far as making changes with reports and it not replicating to the other server. Here's the defect https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb83701

Thanks Elliot! This resolved the issue for me.

Very good Post.  Resolved the issue on the first try.  Thanks Elliot

Thanks!

Thank you for these steps, this resolved the issue for me.

alhaitham009
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks @Elliot. Followed the steps you've mentioned above and the issue resolved with me.

Problem description: I've performed an upgrade to UCCX from 11.6.2 to 12.5, and once successfully completed, the below message was showing when accessed CUIC page. 

"CUIC application cluster is not formed correctly. Please refer to the Troubleshooting Cluster Configuration section in the CUIC Administration Console User Guide to troubleshoot this issue."

UCAdmin405
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks @Elliot Dierksen, I also just went from 11.6.2 up to 12.5 SU3 ES04 and had the same issue. Steps worked great and resolved the issue.