Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC preference order of Filters

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

UCCX / CUIC 11.6.2

I am running a Call Variable report, I am filtering on a particular Application and a particular Call Variable.

The Call Variable field  will be  True, False, or blank.  

In CUIC,  in the Call Variable  filter I entered  True , False  - I only want to see this report with  the T or F   and none where this variable is blank.

I also only want it for a particular Application.

When I run the report with both of those filters :

- I get only the Application I had in filter  but  -  it gives me all the entries : the True, the False  &  the Blank ones  for the Call Variable

Seems it ignores the  Call Variable filter  and only filters on the Application.

When I run the report with only the Call Variable filter :

- I get only the True or False  and does not show me any of the Blanks  - but I get all the Applications.

Seems odd that it would only produce a report based on one of the 2 filters.

Any suggestions or thoughts ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @lleweyiss , it looks like you're running into this enhancement request aka bug.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvs52951

That being said, I imagine you could work around this by creating a new report definition based on that one, and make that a seperate filed in the definition that you choose before running/filtering? I don't have UCCX so can't confirm this, but that's what I would look into if it were me.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi @lleweyiss , it looks like you're running into this enhancement request aka bug.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvs52951

That being said, I imagine you could work around this by creating a new report definition based on that one, and make that a seperate filed in the definition that you choose before running/filtering? I don't have UCCX so can't confirm this, but that's what I would look into if it were me.

Thanks @bill.king1 .  Yep that BUG hits nail on head .  It seems Cisco's reporting is not their strong suit.  Love the "work around" - 'Use only one parameter in the filter'.   LOL .. no kidding

The CUIC is co-resident and I can't create new report definitions  (as I understood quite a while back when I decided to jump in and try to get some reports to come out like I wanted them).  I would need to be a stand alone server (apparently).

One thing you might be able to do is use a standalone CUIC (like in a sandbox), do the report definition there, and then import that definition into your system. I've seen a couple people mention that as the way they were able to get custom definitions into their system. Hope that helps.

Also, it might be worth your while to contact your account team/TAC to "add on" to that ticket, as when I looked I believe it was marked as enhancement request (Bug Search is unavailable at the moment); the more people who request it, the more likely they will be to address it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: