cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC Report browser

Josh Stickney
Level 1
Level 1

Probably a quick and simple question but we just went to CUIC 11.6 a couple of months ago and its driving me nuts!  Once you get in, it tells you it requires IE in compatibility mode for some functions.  OK; so you set that, but the next time you go to log in, it tells you it doesn't support compatibility mode for the default splash page!

Annoying for me, but I have dealt with it.  My problem is for end users who need to run reports and change their schedulars.  Most do not know how to switch back and forth to compatibility view.  Is there some easier end user friendly method?

7 Replies 7

Josh Stickney
Level 1
Level 1

Well; fooling around with this, short of opening different browsers for different things.  I have found that just leaving IE11 in its regular mode, then hitting F12, selecting emulation, then document mode 7 is less painful than having to go into the menu and add or remove the site from compatibility mode. 

Would be nice if Cisco would let us just log in at the old interface that is still there but it wants to at least start with the new splash page sign on and menu.  It seems you can still do everything on the old interface once there. 

Try using Chrome, all options work fine with chrome.

For me, Chrome works for everything except when I go to run a report, it just gives a spinning wheel and says "loading views."

Firefox works on everything except the scheduler and users (pretty much anything in the old interface)

IE works on everything but half has to be in compatibility mode and half cannot be in compatibility mode. 

Firefox in ESR mode works with everything CUIC, but regular Firefox doesn't. Chrome doesn't work with everything CUIC. The compatibility matrix gives you the breakdown, but it certainly is complicated.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/ucce_compatibility/matrix/ucce_11_6_x_compat.html#Supported_Browsers

I tried ESR and with that I get the same issue as regular Firefox. It doesn't let me edit schedulers or users. If I go to edit a user I get "Error[10018] An error occurred building the Model and View."

You might want to check if there's a defect related to your version of CUIC then. I use Firefox ESR to access CUIC 11.6 for UCCE all the time and have been in scheduler or look at users and don't have a problem.

This may seem silly, but did you completely uninstall regular Firefox, restart, and then install Firefox ESR? That was the process I had to follow when I switched before.

Also, there are some defects out there with that error, have you checked to see if you're running into them, like https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvf99309

Yes. Did a full uninstall and then installed ESR. Tried resetting. Just wouldn't work. Might try to completely clean out any files from Firefox but right now I do have a ticket on the issue I saw with Chrome which seems similar to a bug they had. Going to see where that goes.

Thanks for the help, though. I will update once I hear something.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: