cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC Reports Failling, maybe reaching row limit?

lowfell
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all. I have a customer Who's  getting CUIC reports  failing on  ALL AGENT CUIC reports where they may be hitting the row limit of is it still 8000?

So what they've  done is tried to split the reports in to two, this worked for a while and stopped, so now they've  tried splitting them in to four reports, but one of these is still failing

Are there any cli queries we can run that tell us how many rows she's using as I believe there is a limit of 8000?

This happened before and we opened a TAC Case and Cisco Rooted the box and deleted some old data.

Is there a way around this or will i need to open another case?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lowfell
Level 3
Level 3

In the end we opened a TAC case as we have had the same problem on tow other occasions now which needed TAC intervention. In the end after the TAC engineer run several SQL queiries and checked  various tables we resolved this issue by increasing the timer to become 1800 s instead of 600s by using the command below then restarting the CUIC Services:

# set cuic properties report-query-timeout

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

If you run the report and then export it, it will show you at the bottom of the export if you've hit the 8000 row limit in the export.

One other thing you may be able to do, depending on the version you're on, is scheduled this as a large report. The scheduled large report allows for more rows, like 25000 rows.

Here's some information about it.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/intelligence_suite/intelligence_suite_1201/user/guide/cuic_b_user-guide-1201/cuic_b_user-guide-1107_chapter_0101.html#task_0E26769A88E2BD45790F64E8075CFEDB.

Hello. Thanks, we  don’t think the report row count isn’t the issue – the agent all fields report is 1 row per agent, so only 20 rows for the report that’s failing.

I’ve used the ‘schedule large report’ option before when I am doing big exports of call data reports etc. but wouldn’t use it in this case.

I think the Cisco row limit issue from last time was rows in one of the DB tables.

Any Ideas or should I go to TAC?

If you look at the SQL for the report and run it directly (outside of CUIC) does it work? That would eliminate if this is a CUIC issue vs. a report definition type issue.

lowfell
Level 3
Level 3

In the end we opened a TAC case as we have had the same problem on tow other occasions now which needed TAC intervention. In the end after the TAC engineer run several SQL queiries and checked  various tables we resolved this issue by increasing the timer to become 1800 s instead of 600s by using the command below then restarting the CUIC Services:

# set cuic properties report-query-timeout

You're saying you have queries that take 30 minutes to run?

The CUIC guide says not to move it above 250 and if you do you may run into performance issues, did they give you any feedback on that?

-----------------

Command Syntax

set cuic properties report-query-timeout

PARAMETER number of seconds

Range: 180-3600 seconds

This command sets the report query execution timeout value. The command is applicable when you run the report using the interface and does not apply to scheduled reports.

Example

set cuic properties report-query-timeout 250
WARNING : Do not change it to a higher value, as it may cause performance issue.

cuic.query.timeout has been updated
This command requires a restart of Intelligence Center service.
Ensure that this command is run on all nodes in the cluster.

Hello Bill & thank you. We took the advice from the TAC engineer. Here is the exact wording they used.

"As we have recent data in these tables and at the same time the tables’ counts are still under 10M, I would suggest increasing the timer to become 1800 s instead of 600s by using the command below then restarting the CUIC Services"

We than ran the report and this worked fine. I've pend the case till Monday to see if it's still working.

We follow the advice of the TAC engineer, if you are saying this was incorrect, then what is the point of opening a case? I also asked if this could be run in hours and was also told we could. Are you saying now this is wrong? We take guidance from the TAC engineer as we assume they know what they are talking about. 

I'm just going off of what is in the Cisco documentation. Here's the link for it so you know I'm not just making it up
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/intelligence_suite/intelligence_suite_1261/maintain_and_operate/guide/cuic_b_1261-admin-console-user-guide/cuic_m_1261-command-line-interface.html?bookSearch=true
It might just be worth asking them what is the impact of the change, are there any caveats etc.

Hello Bill, i didn't mean to sound flippant. We just assume that TAC know more than us and we don't question it. Thanks again for all your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: