cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC - Scheduled report sftp always uses interval grouping

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

CUIC 9.1.1 - When scheduling reports to be delivered via sftp, the resulting .csv file seems to represent an interval report regardless of the grouping of the selected view. It's almost as if the scheduled sftp reports don't 'process through' the view configs in terms of grouping/summaries.

Wondering if this is everyone else's experience as well and if so...what's the work around?

thanks,

will

4 Replies 4

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

It's also strange that the various ways to execute reports do not return consistent results.

• Manual Execution - Exports with .xls extension but is actually html
  • Scheduled Execution
    • Email
      • XLS (zipped) - Exports with .xls extension but is actually html
    • SFTP - Exports as .csv but the data doesn't use the selected view configuration at all in terms of grouping/summary

It seems that it would be more difficult from a developer's perspective to not fire the same code for each of the different data export options, not to mention that this is really confusing from a user's perspective.

Hi Will, did you have any luck with this topic?  I've found the same thing with a recent 10.5 report a customer switched to sftp and it never looks at the View Group Summary information, just reports all the intervals.

Thx, Bill.

I haven't found any concrete documentation as to why, but after a bit of review, it appears that it is  by design. It seems to me that most uses of the sftp-offloaded data would be for some 3rd party/homegrown process to be run against the data. In that case, you'd want the data to be raw, unformatted data. It would also seem to me that it would be beneficial to have that be an option within the scheduler though.

You might try submitting a feature request via your account manager.

sorry I couldn't be more help,

will

Hi Will, I opened a TAC case for it and yes you are correct, it works that way "as designed" and just not documented.  The resolution was a documentation update for next release and/or release notes.

Thanks, Bill.