Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS, CVP and UCCE

since1976
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone give me an idea why is CUPS needed to connect to agents (CallManager) and CVP

via static routes

Rgds,

KayLeong

25 Replies 25

Let me try it here.

What yo should do is use the Diagnostic Applet

http://:8000/cvp/diag

and turn on the dynamicsoft library to debug. This will show the SIP messages and other SIP stuff

Now I do see Using Outbound Proxy for sip:30004@cups.hp.icm in my trace, but after that I see

DsSipLlApi.Resolver:  using ServerLocator resolver

and later

354: 16.91.120.149: May 16 2012 18:21:35.774 -0700: %_Resolver-7-com.dynamicsoft.DsLibs.DsUALibs.DsSipLlApi.Resolver:  Entering addSRVQuery: host(cups.hp.icm) protocol(1) 

355: 16.91.120.149: May 16 2012 18:21:35.774 -0700: %_Resolver-7-com.dynamicsoft.DsLibs.DsUALibs.DsSipLlApi.Resolver:  Use the local SRV Records. 

356: 16.91.120.149: May 16 2012 18:21:35.774 -0700: %_Resolver-7-com.dynamicsoft.DsLibs.DsUALibs.DsSipLlApi.Resolver:  SRV records found for cups.hp.icm 

357: 16.91.120.149: May 16 2012 18:21:35.774 -0700: %_Resolver-7-com.dynamicsoft.DsLibs.DsUALibs.DsSipLlApi.Resolver:  SRV record: /16.91.120.243 

Regards,

Geoff

What's happening Sandeep? Got it working now?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

i got busy with back to back activities. Probably by tomorrow night i shall be able to check it again. i will collect the logs and update you ASAP.

Regards,

Sandeep

Hi Geoff,

I tried the call, but still it has same issue. I have enabled the logs and i see

Using Outbound Proxy for sip:2103@cusp.test.com in my trace, but after that I dont seee

DsSipLlApi.Resolver:  using ServerLocator resolver

and the logs that follow. i think it is not able to resolve the IP of the CUSP and is failing at step 4 that you mentioned previously. But when i set static routing to 2> cucm.test.com then it works fine.

4. SRV is set and local, so it uses the in-memory copy it has of this file (SRV.xml) and chooses a proxy server based on past selections, weighting, priority - and if server group heartbeating is turned on, you get dynamic changes to the in-memory table if the server changes its response to the OPTION PING.

Regards,

Sandeep

Sandeep,

Did you turn on DEBUG on the dynamicsoft library using the Diagnostic Applet? Make sure that is set, then make the test call and look at the trace after the point where it says "Using Outbound Proxy for xxx". You should be able to see what the Call Server is doing. ZIP the trace and upload it and we can take a look.

Regards,

Geoff

CALLGUID = B631A931A24811E1BA27001563B8F924

in the CVP logs i see a warning.

%CVP_8_5_SIP-6-SIP_INFO:  /172.25.11.95 endpointUnreachableClear com.dynamicsoft.DsLibs.servergroups.EndpointEvent[source=DEFAULT:172.25.11.95:5060:1 numTries=1] [id:5000]

where 172.25.11.95 is CUSP. when i try to telnet from CVP server to this IP and port number then it doesn't work, but it has full access. i can ping.

Well it's clear you have a problem.

If we start at line 967

Using Outbound Proxy for sip:2103@cusp.test.com 

we see the ringback go to the ingress gateway using 91919191 send to originator. Then we see on 996

[OUTBOUND]: INVITE TO <>2103@cusp.test.com;transport=tcp> FROM 44251187 <44251187> EXPIRES[60] 100REL[

and immediately

java.io.IOException: DsSipClientTransactionImpl.DsSipClientTransactionImpl: can't connect to SIP server: ConnectionWrapper.check: can't establish connection

You have NOT enabled DEBUG on the dynamicsoft library, but we get ERROR from that layer. We can't see the Resolver working on the SRV.

But you sure have a problem connecting to the proxy server.

Is the gateway finding a Call Server through the proxy server?

Regards,

Geoff

I have one more CVP server and i dont see these not reachable warnings on that. i will configure that server and do the testing.

Regards,

Sandeep

You still need to figure out the problem. You should certainly be able to open a command window on the Call Server and telnet to the proxy on 5060. There must be a firewall between the Call Server and CUSP.

I have one more CVP server and i dont see these not reachable warnings on that. i will configure that server and do the testing.

Is there some asymmetry?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

The caller hears the ringback but the call doesn't land on the agent phone.

I can see using outbound proxy in the CVP messages. but then i get the error that it is not able to connect.

%CVP_8_5_SIP-7-STACK_TRC:  {Thrd=pool-1-thread-114-SIP-77} SIPCallController:handleLabel: java.io.IOException: DsSipClientTransactionImpl.DsSipClientTransactionImpl: can't connect to SIP server: ConnectionWrapper.check: can't establish connection

at com.dynamicsoft.DsLibs.DsSipLlApi.DsSipClientTransactionImpl.start(DsSipClientTransactionImpl.java:491)

GW-->CUSP-->CVP

Regards,

Sandeep

Saneep, can you share how it was fixed? I have the same issue and am looking for solutions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: