Helpful
Replies

Cursor behavior in CAD - UCCX

alanshort1
Level 1
Level 1

UCCX version 9.0.2.11001-24

Agent Desktop 9.0.2.1063

We recently upgraded from version 5.0 to the new version.  Since then, agents have complained that when they receive a skill call, the CAD window takes control of the mouse from whatever they were working on (document, email, etc).  Apparently this was not the case with the old version.

We have tried changing to the different window behavior under Preferences, but only Stealth makes a difference.  This is not an option for us, as our agents need to see the incoming call data on the screen.

Is this normal behavior in the current version?  Is it a known caveat that may be addressed in future updates?  Is there a fix that I haven't yet found?

Thanks for any help,

Alan Short

American Kennel Club

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you mean by "takes control of the mouse"? CAD will become the active window upon an incoming call. This is expected unless you use Stealth mode and has been the case as long as I can recall, though it's been years since I have tested a 5.0 system.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Yes, CAD becomes the active window upon receiving the call.  Unfortunately, my agents are used to working on other items between calls, and are unhappy when the cursor is pulled into the CAD pop-up.

Based on the number of complaints I've received, this must have changed after 5.0.

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

Anyone have an update for this?  I just upgraded to 9.x UCCX and now CAD is taking over the active window when a call comes in.

This was not the case in the past utilizing one of the preferences and a certain window size.

I did not find a resolution for this.  I've had to tell my agents that this is the way it is.  So far, they're not particularly impressed with the upgrade from UCCX 5.0 to 9.0, with this being just one of the reasons.

Appreciate the info.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: