cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Gadget to put Agent back into Ready after Agents applies Wrap-Up Reason

RaymonKhan
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to build a custom gadget to put Agent back into Ready after Agents applies Wrap-Up Reason to the call.

It will be similar to CAD functionality.

1. Once call ends, "Apply" button will activate

2. Finesse will wait in Wrapping/After Call Work until a "Wrap Up Reason" is selected and applied

3. Agent will select "Wrap Up Reason" from Scrolling Text Box

4. Agent will press "Apply"

5. Wrap Up Reason is updated for the call

6. Agent is put back into Ready state

I'm putting together the parts of the code that would be needed.

Looks like I'll need to use:

finesse.restservices.Dialog.ParticipantStates - check if in Wrap Up and activate Apply button

wrapUpReasons.getCollection() - or hardcode into gadget or codes.xml file on webserver etc

updateWrapUpReason(wrapUpReason, handlers) - to apply wrap up reason to call data

user.setState - back to Ready

Automatic Wrap will be enabled & WrapUp Timeout will be disabled

Will I be able to get a list of "Wrap Up Reasons" or do I need to hard code into the custom gadget?

Am I on the right track?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To get the current wrap up reason for the call, you need to use the getMediaProperties() method from the dialog object. The getMediaProperties will return a Map of call variables where "wrapUpReason" is one of them.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Raymon,

Will I be able to get a list of "Wrap Up Reasons" or do I need to hard code into the custom gadget?

Yes, you should be able to gret a list of wrap of reasons. Take a look at the finesse.restservices.WrapUpReasons class. There is an example on how to use the getWrapUpReasons(handlers) method from the User class.

Am I on the right track?

Looks like it! Be aware that Finesse allows wrap up reasons to be set throughout the call, even when the agent isn't in wrap up state. This will be available via the default call control gadget that cannot be disabled.

Thanx,

Denise

How can I see the current WrapUpReason for the call? Want to make sure updateWrapUpReason is working... currentWrap = finesse.restservices.WrapUpReason(); alert(currentWrap);

To get the current wrap up reason for the call, you need to use the getMediaProperties() method from the dialog object. The getMediaProperties will return a Map of call variables where "wrapUpReason" is one of them.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: