Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom gadgets for ECE Chat

Hi,

We are working on a ECE 12.5 deployment for chat and email.

As part of the deployment, a single agent can handle multiple chat sessions.  However, we want to perform some actions on the Finesse desktop when an agent moves from one chat session to another(or email).  For e.g. have a custom gadget that will trigger some backend actions (or) pull some information from backend systems and display (or) trigger screen recording etc.

In the past, for inbound voice call, we used the Finesse screenpop.js and handle incoming call event and trigger such actions on the custom gadget by consuming the events.

Is there something similar for ECE Chat and Email as well on the screenpop.js file ?  Can anyone share the screenpop.js file or advice on how to handle this requirement ?

Thanks

Aravind

5 Replies 5

Konstantin Vaksin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello Aravind.

ECE gadget is addition to the Finesse functionality.
You can trigger events, when the chat/email is coming to the agent desktop (gadget), but it will not be possible to trigger anything, when you work in the ECE gadget.

This request is quite interesting and you can ask for the enhancement request from Cisco Account Team. It might be pushed into the future releases

Kostia

Hi Kostia,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I tried to simulate this behaviour where by agent is moving from one chat session to another.  I enabled the Debug Trace on the Chrome browser and was able to capture some event trace.

If you look at the attached log file and search for my email ID <<aravind.s@servion.com>>, I am able to see event trace being logged with action like PAUSE, RESUME etc.

Could you take a look at it and advice please ?

Appreciate your support.

Aravind

If for Cisco Finesse you have API documentation, so you can develop your own application, that will do whatever you like.

ECE doesn’t provide that part. It is not allowed to change anything in ECE gadget.
True, that you have Pause,Resume events. They are pushed towards to UCCE for better statistics. But we can’t use those from our side.

Kostia

Hi Kostia,

Thanks for your response.

Just to be clear, I don't want to change anything on the ECE gadget.  I just want event notifications when an agent handles a chat / email interaction within the ECE gadget. Primarily when agents swap between concurrent customer chat sessions or when the chat session is marked as Complete.

I can do the rest of the integration through a custom gadget sitting inside Finesse provided I get these events.  If Finesse will not fire events to all the gadgets hosted inside Finesse, what is the alternate option.  Will the Finesse Workflow trigger when a task is accepted / active / paused / closed ?  I understand starting ECE 12.0, Finesse now supports workflow for email and chat as well.

Many thanks for your support.

Aravind

Considering you do see the messaging via Finesse you should be able to create a "companion" gadget to ECE. The big thing is that inside ECE you can't touch anything and some of the actions you perform might not be seen by Finesse directly. I would love to see if you get something working. At a previous customer they decided to just roll their own solution using SocialMiner because of how closed ECE was.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: