Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Historical Report UCCX 8.5 requirement question

warquezho0612
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'am reading on how to creat custom historical report in UCCX 8.5 and I've read that we need to use crystal reports for this. With this I was reading the cisco documentation about this http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/programming/guide/uccx85hradm.pdf

under page 4-2 Creating Report - where it states that To create a DSN to Informix server, HRC must be installed on the client machine where we need to create reports

I' am just confuse as to what this HRC means? And why it is needed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

HRC = Historical Reports Client

You don't really need it to get a DB conncection of course, but it does include the ODBC drivers which you'd have to obtain elsewhere and install to get connected. So it's easier if you do - and also you'd want to test the report that you create with the HRC client so that other people can use it... again, easier if you have HRC installed.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

HRC = Historical Reports Client

You don't really need it to get a DB conncection of course, but it does include the ODBC drivers which you'd have to obtain elsewhere and install to get connected. So it's easier if you do - and also you'd want to test the report that you create with the HRC client so that other people can use it... again, easier if you have HRC installed.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this HRC the one you installed from CCX Admin --> Tool --> Plugins --> Cisco UCCX Historical Reports?

And once installed, this already contains the ODBC driver (which is IBM Informix Client-SDK) needed for DB Connection to UCCX for Custom Historical Reports using Crystal Report?

Hi

Yes, both those statements are correct.

Aaron

Thanks aaron