cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customer wants to record and input prompts into UCCX 8.0 based on various conditions

phillip-wright
Level 1
Level 1

hello guys I have a question that requires an answer as wel as an example if possible. I have a customer that wants to be able to do an self initiated prompt change in the script. Such as something like "we are closed today due to weather conditions, please call back or leave a voicemail and we will get back to you as soon as weather permits"  Is there way fact to perform this in a script? (Have them record a prompt based on a number they could call, and then store it somewhere and have the script play it?) I hope i am putting this question in a way that can be understood. I am relativley new to this type of function any assist would be greatly appreciated.

8 Replies 8

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is relatively easy and requires only a few steps to implement something basic.  See if this gets you going in the right direction:

Prompt Manager Script

start

accept

repo_user = authenticate user /* you will hard code the username/password here */

successful

recording = record prompt()

successful

upload prompt(recording, repo_user, filename, overwrite = true)

successful

play prompt(prompt uploaded successfully)

terminate

end

Customer Service Script

start

accept

start_time = t[now]

play prompt(filename)

if (t[now].getTime() - start_time.getTime() > 3000) /* if the message is greater than 3 seconds, it probably exists */

true

goto emergency_routing

false

goto normal_routing

label emergency_routing

terminate

end

label normal_routing

end

To turn on the emergency, you call into the Prompt Manager, created your recording, and press # when finished.  The Customer Service script will attempt to play what's in the recording, and if the recording duration is greater than 3 seconds, it assumes a recording was played out to the caller and initiates the emergency routing logic.

To turn off the emergency, you call into the Prompt Manager, press mute on the phone, and press # within 3 seconds.  The Customer Service script will attempt to play what's in the recording, and if the recording duration is less than 3 seconds, it assumes no recording was played out to the caller and initiates the normal routing logic.

You can take this small example and add so many more features, such as:

• Authentication
  • Authorization
  • Multiple Recordings
  • Review, Re-record, Delete, for the prompt
  • A message that informs you if the current status is on or off
  • Multi script support (not just Customer Service, but Help Desk, and Sales too)
  • Etc.

Anthony

thanks a lot for replying. this is great stuff! I just need to understand a few of the steps taken here. Like the repo_user( what step is this in the UCCX editor? Once I understand this I should be able to easily perform the rest. Again thank you very much for helping out.

The step where I set the repo_user with the authenticate user step?  That is the authenticate user step.  That's what it's called isn't?  I working off of memory here.  Forgive me if it's called something slightly different.  =)

Anthony,

Thank you very much for your assist on this manner. I seem to have captured the base of what I am looking for; I just seem to have an issue getting it to save the file in the prompt directory. Is this the correct format? I created (promptDir = PromptRecorder/ in the variables table and in prompt management i created a folder called "PromptRecorder"  should i used that or (promptDir=en_us/PromptRecorder/ ?. I have attached a file.

Sorry for the late reply.  You do not specify the language folder, it is implied by the language field.

Also, I don't have an editor handy to look at your script, so a relevant screen shot would help.

I Phillip

I have the same issue with the Upload step. Did you fix it?

Thanks

Regards

hi Anthony

Another Fantastic post and got it working.

Regards

shameer

Hi Guys,

Will it be possible to upload the sample script, I have the similar requirement and want to have a look on that.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: