Views
Helpful
Replies

CustomVariable in the report

shiblyibrahim
Level 3
Level 3

Hey,

I have seen quite a few discussions about this but haven't found the answer to it. So when we generate the report in UCCX, the report has CustomVariable1, 2, 3 -6 etc.

How can we find where is the attribute for these CustomVariables coming from? As some are blank in the column.

In the script I have done expand variable and cant seem to find anything related.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Please rate the post Shibly Ibrahim
4 Replies 4

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

For reference, this information is found in the Scripting and Development Series Guide, Vol2: Set Enterprise Call Info Step

DevNet Online reference 

A sample script is also referenced in Vol1 at this webpage

Thank you Sean. Much appreciated. Let me have a look at your solution and respond back :)

Hi Sean, 

I believe my worded my query incorrectly.

Please find attached the report generated. I am trying to find how and where is the custom variable connected as some are blank. Basically I am trying to identify where is the custom variable data being pulled from

Yes.  This is correct.  Call.PeripheralVariable1 maps to customVariable1, Call.PeripheralVariable2 maps to customVariable2, (etc...) on the CUIC Call Custom Variable report.

Example:

Script assigns a value to a named string variable "sCustomerCallVariable" and then using the Set Enterprise Call Info Step assigns this to Call.PeripheralVariable1 (we are using a 'breadcrumb' method to track calls through the IVR--this step adds '1C' to the String).

2020-0206-cuicRptCCV3.PNG

When a call contact crosses these set steps the data to these variables get populated to the application database and the output looks like this in CUIC:

2020-0206-cuicRptCCV.PNG

If we export the this report to Excel, it looks like this:

2020-0206-cuicRptCCV2.PNG

Hope this helps.

-Sean