cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP 11.5 Call not disconnect immediately on the Application Log.

yossid001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All ,

I built an application on call studio.
I run a procedure against an external database that reports all step of the call.
If I hang up the call in the middle of a message the system is still sending to the log  as if the  cal  continued until the end of the application and not really at the point I hung up.
What actually happens is incorrect data is sent to the external database.
I took a regular Cisco application  Hello World , and I duplicated the message 5 times so that it sounded in sequence
I made a call and hung up on the first massage and in  the log I still see that the call  run  until the end of the application .
According to the CVP logs, it seems that the call was disconnected after 8 seconds, but the application's log looks like the call  play  all message.

I wanted to know if anyone encountered this problem and if there was another way to report to external Data Base correctly.

Thanks

Yossi

6 Replies 6

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

When you disconnect the call in between, what does application logs record as call disconnect status, is it normal hangup or application timed out ?  Also check if application is still holding the VXML port once the call is disconnected.  Are you trying to insert / update some data in external database and that does not work when you disconnect the call ?

Hi,

Thanks for your help ,

When you disconnect the call in between, what does application logs record as call disconnect status, is it normal hangup or application timed out ? normal hang up  

Also check if application is still holding the VXML port once the call is disconnected.- the call disconnected

Are you trying to insert / update some data in external database and that does not work when you disconnect the call ? I try to send to external data base all the step in the call , when I disconnected its look in the logs that I run all step in the script ,

I open  a ticket in the TAC  and get this answer

"I went through CVP logs and like I thought, we can see there that CVP is closing call immediately when call hang-up came from ingress gtw , So we can conclude that there is no playing rest of prompts after BYE came from ingress gtw

That being said, I understand that you are wondering if CVP call studio script can be re-arranged somehow in order not to have same log trace in activity logs, which made you think that call is still playing after closing it on first prompt.

Unfortunately this is out of TAC scope as we are not doing CVP scripting and designing here."

Any idea how to resolved the issue ?

Thanks

Yossi Dabah

I am still wondering what are you trying to update in external database and at what part and time of CVP call studio script are you invoking it ?

Could you please attach:

1. screen captures of call studio scripts

2. application logs of a test call

3. CVP call logs of a test call

hey @yossid001 , any further testings done from your side as Bill suggested ?

Do your HelloWorld test again, but instead of it playing the same message 5 times, return it to UCCE and then back to CVP, etc. I'm guessing if you leave CVP and go back to UCCE and then back again, you don't see the issue?

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,
Without looking at your activity log for the timing, I believe what you're experiencing is the normal Call Studio/VXMLServer behavior of the Audio element. The Audio element is 'nonblocking' (asynchronous) on the voice browser.

So, the VB doesn't play the audio files before returning to VXMLServer to continue the app. The retrieval and playing of the audio is done in the background on the VB.

So if you have 5 Audio elements in a row, no matter when you hang up, they will ALL have been sent to the VB for playing. And that will display in the Activity log. However, if you look carefully at the timing in the Activity Log, it 'should' show the duration of the call correctly.

I have 'should' in quotes, because the VVB (11.6) does NOT do this correctly. I think they've fixed this in 12.0 VVB (haven't tested it).

The work around for you, is to play the audio files from an element that collects caller input (example, Digits). These elements are 'blocking' or 'synchronous'. So the VB must play the audio and then wait for the configured NoInputTimeout.

You should use a Digits element to play your audio (example: welcome.wav), configure the Settings to move ahead as quickly as possible after the audio is done playing (NoInputTimeout: 1ms  MaxNoInput: 1 MaxNoMatch: 1 MinDigits: 1 MaxDigits: 1).
Perhaps name the element playWelcomeAndWait (so someone else will know why you used Digits instead of an Audio element). 

Then connect all the exit states (done, max_nomatch, max_noinput) to the next element in the call flow.

There are other ways to accomplish this, but this is probably the simplest.

Hope that helps!

Janine

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: