Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP 7.0.2 Latency over 200 ms

mikram
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have remote vxml gateway with latency of 250ms for round trip. SRND says  it must be less than 200ms. Is there way to deploy CVP in such senarios ? What are the limitations and any work around other than local CVP Call Servers/

Many Thanks

Shahid

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

CVP works just fine over long distances when the latency is high (greater than 200ms).

What you have to do is take special steps to improve the user experience. The steps are described in a Cisco document funnily enough called "CVP Application Tuning for High Latency WAN Scenarios".

I suggest you read it.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, Could you pls point me to that url document you referred too.

Cheers

Shahid

Another question, CPU Requirement of 2.33Ghz dual core is must or we can use Quad Core 2.77 Ghz?

You can use the 2.33GHz dual core - that was the specs for a suitable server on CVP 7 a couple of years back. However, if you are loading up a combo box with a large number of calls through the Call Server and a lot of active CVP VXML ports, the extra grunt would be nice.

I don't have a URL for that document - the title is correct, though. Ask your Cisco Account Manager to find it for you.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: