cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP (9.0) routing order.

r.boloor.rao
Level 1
Level 1

I believe now in CVP 9.0  , I can configure static local route even if Outbound proxy is enabled. ( this was not there in cvp 7, and local static routes becomes greyed when outbound proxy is selected.).  If both are enabled which takes precedence ?.

For example  for a label 81111111 <cor ID> from ICM CVP has two routes.

1. Static local route points to VXML gateway1.
  2. CUSP points to VXML gateway 2.

Which one will take precedence ?.

Thanks

Raghu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Raghu,

I tried to check in my lab by checking the "Enable Outbound Proxy" option, it still have the Local Static Route Disabled.

Even i checked the CVP config & admin guide tells the sameting. Also the CUSP should have static routes to the multiple VXML Gateway's and if you configure Failover causecode as 404, it would hunt for the next Route in the CUSP Server Group.

You can still use Local Static Route point to the SIP SERVER GROUPS configured in OPSCONSOLE and you can have the CUSP as Elements.

Check for "SIP Server Group" and "Local SRV" in the Config Guide of CVP 9.0.

Regards,

Senthil

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Raghu,

It will still use the Outbound Proxy to route to CUSP and then to Gateway.

Static local Route is last check point in CVP Routing Algorithm. Before that Outbound proxy is checked.

It would clarify you more by looking into the "Unified CVP algorithm for routing" Section in CVP SRND

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/srnd/9_0/CCVP_BK_C7053373_00_cvp-srnd.pdf

Regards,

Senthil

Thanks,

So it would send to outbound proxy and wait until  " 404 not found " and then use the Local static route ?. It would have been better if CVP checks the local route before sending to Outbound proxy. ( like on host file takes precedence to DNS query)

Hi Raghu,

I tried to check in my lab by checking the "Enable Outbound Proxy" option, it still have the Local Static Route Disabled.

Even i checked the CVP config & admin guide tells the sameting. Also the CUSP should have static routes to the multiple VXML Gateway's and if you configure Failover causecode as 404, it would hunt for the next Route in the CUSP Server Group.

You can still use Local Static Route point to the SIP SERVER GROUPS configured in OPSCONSOLE and you can have the CUSP as Elements.

Check for "SIP Server Group" and "Local SRV" in the Config Guide of CVP 9.0.

Regards,

Senthil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: