cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP application is not accepting * as DTMF

akhilesh shukla
Level 1
Level 1

CVP application is working fine if I am entering 0-9 DTMF but if I am pressing * as input it is not accepting and throwing an exception as "com.audium.server.AudiumException: The element 8_Option_Menu_01 prematurely returned a null exit state.e. A voice element can return a null exit state only if it returns a VoiceXML page which did not occur here." After doing debug I found it is not accepting * as DTMF.

------ Request HTTP Arguments ------

Parameter Name = "audium_vxmlLog"  Parameter Value #0 = "|||audio_group$$$initial_audio_group^^^0|||utterance$$$*^^^5911|||inputmode$$$dtmf^^^5911|||interpretation$$$*^^^5911|||confidence$$$1.0^^^5911"

Parameter Name = "choice_fld"  Parameter Value #0 = "*"

Parameter Name = "confidence"  Parameter Value #0 = "1.0"

Parameter Name = "completeNBestStr"  Parameter Value #0 = "|||1.0^^^*^^^dtmf^^^*"

--------- VoiceXML Response --------

Response Returned on:  06/01/2018 17:34:41.527

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<vxml version="2.0" application="/CVP/Server?audium_root=true&amp;calling_into=PEPSICO_IVR&amp;session_id=14.143.62.11.1527874444683.331.PEPSICO_IVR" xml:lang="en-US">

<catch event="error.com.cisco.callhandoff.failure">

<cisco-typeaheadflush />

<submit next="/CVP/Server" method="post" namelist="audium_vxmlLog" />

</catch>

<form id="audium_start_form">

<block>

<assign name="audium_vxmlLog" expr="''" />

<assign name="audium_element_start_time_millisecs" expr="new Date().getTime()" />

<goto next="#start" />

</block>

</form>

<form id="start">

<object name="dummyobj" classid="builtin://com.cisco.callhandoff">

<param name="return" expr="true" valuetype="data" />

<param name="app-uri" expr="'builtin://dummyobj'" valuetype="data" />

<filled>

<submit next="/CVP/Server" method="post" namelist="audium_vxmlLog" />

</filled>

</object>

</form>

</vxml>

8 Replies 8

Quigath
Spotlight
Spotlight

It sounds like you're trying to capture the * as part of the input. Did you already try setting the termchar?

Hi Brent,

thanks for your reply.

but I need it as an input in Digit element not as a termchar.

Ah, I think I see the problem. You need to use the Number or Number_With_Confirm element to automatically get the * translated to a decimal. That's base functionality.
If you need the digits, you'll need to do some javascript or other data manipulation in order to get it in the format you need.

Thanks, brent for your help it works ..  

You're welcome!

If my answer helped, please mark it as the correct answer so others know this has been solved.

Hi Brent,

It works as of now by handling it in code because it recognizes "*"  as "." only if I am using it with any number like (2* or *2).

But if I try "*" alone it again goes in nomatch case only.

Hi,

You can't collect just * in a Number element. Go back to your 8 option menu. Star is definitely acceptable there. And indeed the vxml debug log that you posted showed that.

Try looking at my original reply. The null exit state message means that the setting named optionNvalue that you'd assigned either began or ended with a blank space.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi  - In my many years of using Studio, the error message you're seeing has always meant that in the Settings tab of the Menu Element, the Option_N_Value setting ends with a blank space --- go back and ensure that none of the Settings ends with a space.