Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Call Routing and Call Handling

Dear All,

We have deployed a UCCE solution which requires with the setup which leverages CVP.

The infrastructure setup involves a cisco voice router, cvp, cucm, vvb and icm plus its related components.

The call flow which is setup today sends an inbound PSTN call from cisco voice router to cvp via SIP trunk.

CVP in turn relays communication from it's end to CUCM with a siptrunk which is setup between cvp and cucm.

My question here is that can we instead of sending call from cisco voice router to cvp, can be relay is via cucm.

So changing the call signaling path from

this -

voice router <--->cvp<--->cucm

(sip)         (sip)

to this-

voice router <---> cucm--->cvp

(sip)           (sip)

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Regardless of the traffic I would still not route my calls via UCM and how often are you making changes to the dial plan in the gateways? Ultimately, do what you're most comfortable with, they will both work. Actually, I'm not sure if CCB would work with that callpath, so there might be feature you lose with that call flow. You might want to check on that.

david

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Yes, that is possible, but I don't recommend it as it adds an unnecessary hop and now you have another dependency to manage. If you ever need to restart your UCMs that would bring down your whole call center. The other way it only brings down your agents and you can still provide IVR treatment.

david

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

As David says, this is possible but don't do it. Sizing of cucm does not take into account this call flow and cvp should receive the calls direct from gateways or cube.

You can use the same cube or gateway for cucm and cvp.

Jus set up different dial peers and server groups. 

I strongly recommend you have dedicated blocks of numbers for cvp and different 100 blocks for cucm. 

CVP inbound dial peers should have the survivability tcl script associated with it. 

Gerry 

Hi David, Gerry,

A little more insight on our setup. We have a total of 10 (9 subscribers) CUCM servers in the cluster. Total calls serviced are no more than 3000 per day.

If each CVP is registered to a pool of CUCM servers, then do you believe that this new architecture should have required redundancy ?

The benefit I see with CUCM routing is centralization and simplification of dial-plan which otherwise if configured on each gateway is already a nightmare to support.

Thanks,

Rishi

Regardless of the traffic I would still not route my calls via UCM and how often are you making changes to the dial plan in the gateways? Ultimately, do what you're most comfortable with, they will both work. Actually, I'm not sure if CCB would work with that callpath, so there might be feature you lose with that call flow. You might want to check on that.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: