Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Call-Server Port Utilisation issue.

omega-red
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I seem to have an issue I cant find an answer to. Our CVP Call servers dont seem to be releasing their ports for utilisation, we have 1000 ports per CVP call server and the available ports just keep getting used up until it hits the max threshold. At this time the call server fails, the only way to resolve this issue thus far to release the ports is by restarting the call server. Any Advise is much appreciated.

14 Replies 14

What version, including ES?  How many calls per second are you taking?  What ports aren't being released?

david

Hi David, the version is 7.0 (2) with ES 22. We are taking on average 5 calls per min. The license ports are being used and not released it seems, please see attached picture. The available licenses keeps decreasing until all licenses are in use and then the call server goes in to partial service.

Very strange.... I would call TAC, I have never seen it before! 

Yes it is rather peculiar, its as if calls are just getting "stuck" in the system. I can go on there say 10pm and it will tell me licenses are being used and its not a reporting issue as the actual server once it hits threshold will stop servicing calls :-(

HELP!

Any chance the voice channels are hanging?  Are you running out of trunks too?

david

Hi David,

Well we have 120 channels servicing our voice gateways and these are working fine, sorry to sound a bit silly by trunks do you mean  our voice gateway trunks? these are fine capacity wise right now. Thank you for your help.

Are you doing any kind of transfer at VXML application? And also what is the run external script timeout set to?

Hi Manoj,

No VXML transfer, run external script timeout is set to 180. Thank You

Any Ideas?

Afser, You need to open a TAC case on this one. That's going to be your quickest way to get this resolved.

Hi,

I know this is very old issue for you. However I'm curious to know how you had overcome this problem.

Right now I'm also facing the same problem in v10.0.1 and they are on Domain which is also having some problems with authentication. I don't know if domain controllers has anything to do with ports but if I remove the CVP servers out of domain the call server ports looks fine and once I place them on domain the ports get stuck just like you experienced.

Any inputs is very much appreciated.

Can you please attach CVP logs where you see this issue? may be the ports are getting released on time but the data is not propagating to OPS console in time.

regards

Chintan 

HI Chintan,

As of now we are not having this issue after placing the CVP servers out of domain controller. So I don't have the logs. Was curious to know how the issue was resolved few years ago.

However can you help me understand the usage of CVP VXML ports vs call server ports.

At present, in my environment we have 4 CVP servers (v10.0.1) with 850 VXML ports and 900 call servers ports. We are seeing lot of calls coming in and VXML port utilization is approx. 30% say hardly during peak hours it would go to 250 VXML ports being used. However at the same time we are seeing 850+ call server ports being utilized. So the ratio of ports being used for vxml and call server port is like 1:3. By saying that we are at the breaking point of call failure as we running short of Call server ports. Not sure why those many call server ports are being used compared to VXML ports.

Hey Manoj, based on my knowledge the port utilization works as below.

lets say there are

X number of calls which are connected to agent (through CVP)

Y number of calls are having IVR treatment (Queue or self service application) using microapp

Z number of calls are having IVR treamennt (Queue or self service application) using VXML  applications developed using call studio and deployed on VXML server.

so,

total number of Call server of Call server ports utilized = X+Y+Z (for all kind of operation 1 CVP ports will be utilized)

total number of VXML server license being used = Z  (license only utilized when session made to VXML Server)

regards

Chintan