cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Call Studio Extract portion of Data

SANJ21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All. In CVP Call Studio, when you get a Data Session or Element value, is there a way to extract a portion of that value? Say you get  "011-45 ABCD EFG" and I just want to get the non-numerical value ("ABCD EFG") to use for other things like TTS playback. I know how to do it in ICM but trying to keep this within the VXML app. TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The JS option is going to be the easiest specially if you don't need a regex. Something like:

result = localVar.substring(6, 14);

david

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are typically two approaches.  

• Set a local variable using a bit of JavaScript to perform the regex pattern match and return the item of interest.  I'm sure someone on the community here will have an example if you need one.
  • Use a more general custom regex element such as the example one here https://app.box.com/s/ayc1pl0d3d9p4xcunsu1okb62ivgo6sc

The JS option is going to be the easiest specially if you don't need a regex. Something like:

result = localVar.substring(6, 14);

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: