Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP failed call monitoring

J_Cormier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I would like to monitor every time error.wav and critical_error.wav is played to a caller routed to CVP. I tried to find the string error.wav in every log file and I cannot find, but we have complains about it.

I know most of those error come from failed transfert or missing wav files but I think it's the easiest way to be alerted if I can where I can find where it's logged.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Did you look at the error log? That will show calls which had an "exception" on the CVP app. That's an easy way to do, but it's not something that will alert you. The only thing I can think of is to create a custom logger or see if there's a way to ingest the error log into something like Splunk and have that monitor it for you.

david

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Did you look at the error log? That will show calls which had an "exception" on the CVP app. That's an easy way to do, but it's not something that will alert you. The only thing I can think of is to create a custom logger or see if there's a way to ingest the error log into something like Splunk and have that monitor it for you.

david

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

You wi also see the errors in the CVP logs... In cisco/cvp/logs/vxml/error.date.log. And you'll be able to see the vxmlserver app name associated with that guid.

By the way, the Call Studio application can catch the exceptions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: