Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Form Element is not working as expected

dipmehta33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to  use a FORM element in a VXML app to collect digit through either ASR or through DTMF.

I am using VVB 11.6  with UCCE 11.6

I found the DTMF failed to be registered by pressing touch tones. Digit spoken through ASR is registered fine.

The menu micro app that occurred before the vxml app successfully detected the DTMF.

Everytime i try entering DTMF, it exits out of no input which tells me that VVB is not even capturing the DTMF. 

I have tried the following options 

In the form element, i have configured the following 

Input mode : Both 

Voice Grammar : builtin:speech/transcribe

DTMF Grammar :  builtin:dtmf/digits

DTMF Keypress : . 

9 Replies 9

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Are you by chance trying to use this app for an outbound dialer IVR campaign?

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

Did you set the Voice Gateway (under Project/Properties) to one of the Nuance or Speech settings?
Can you try using the Digits element to collect the input? Then we'll know if it's an issue with the builtin grammar of the form element or with the VVB? 

@janinegraves 

I have set VoiceXML Gateway  to VoiceXML 2.1 with Speech. I did try  VoiceXML 2.1 with Nuance but observed same results. 

If i set input mode to dtmf, Digit element works fine. However, if i set input mode as both, it doesnt capture the input and exits out of no match. 

@Omar Deen  - I may use this for outbound in future. I am focused on implementing this for inbound at the moment. 

In your original post you listed DTMF keypress as .

If you provide DTMF keypress as 1 or 2 or whatever you're looking for, does it work?

@bill.king1  - I tried with 1 but it didnt work.  No dtmf is being recognized with input mode = both. 

So I would try a couple things:

* Try the same application but have a version of that Form node set only as DTMF, and is it recognized.

* Include a screenshot of your form element

* What happens if you try the above with the adapter set only as Nuance?

Try using the Gateway labelled Nuance - instead of the VoiceXML 2.1 with Nuance.

@janinegraves  - I tried changing the gateway to Nuance but it still doesnt work.  It exits out of noinput.

btw i am using Amazon Lex as ASR. 

@bill.king1  Form element with DTMF mode only works fine. 

Attached screenshot of Form element 

This may be a basic question, but is Amazon Lex certified to work as ASR with CVP 11.6?

Also, can you post a screenshot of the form element when you had the keypress for DTMF as something besides . (like 1 and 2) that you also said didn't work?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: