michael_oldham
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following architecture in mind

Nortel switch -CAS- 38XX router -- CVP

|

|

PG

Calls come into the Nortel and go to CVP. The Call is then hookflashed to an agent as a result of translation route and we get screen pop.

What licenses do I need?

Michael Oldham

3 Replies 3

jwolfeld
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

For the calls that are in CVP, you need either self-service or queue & transfer port licenses, depending on whether they are doing ASR/TTS/VXMLServer or not, respectively. For the calls that you have hook-flashed out to Norel agents, you don't need CVP licenses, since they are no longer under CVP's control. I'm not sure what ICM licenses you need.

However I have to warn you - we have had serious difficulties with hook-flash transfers to a PBX. There are limitations and incompatibilities in the types of T1/E1 signalling supported, and the duration of the flash, both on the gateways and on the PBX, as well as the ability to receive and handle translation route DNIS's in the PBX. Unless you've actually tried this and you know it works, I would strongly recommend you change the architecture to put CVP's gateways out front, with TDM egress ports to the PBX.

- Jeff W.

Thanks jeff

Are there any other techniques folk have used to stop the tromboning to the Nortel in the architecture described. The addition of extra gateways would make the solution probably to expensive against others.

Mike,

I don't know what country this customer is in, but I suspect it's not in one where *8 take-back-and-transfer is supported. That would be one solution. You might also consider that with the new 5400XM and 5350XM gateways, the cost of tromboning, though not cheap by any means, has come down significantly. If you split the VXML from the ingress gateways, and put a lot of TDM circuits on the ingress/egress gateways and none on the VXML gateways, the price point might not be so bad.