cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP not getting connect/connect ack

laubry
Level 1
Level 1

We have a new script that we're trying to implement. PSNT caller calls 800 number routed to our CM ingress gateway -> Gatekeeper trunk -> Gatekeeper -> IPCC Enterprise w/CVP. Caller hit's option #1 then #3 which routes the call back out the Gatekeeper -> CM -> to an AT&T IVR service. When calling from an IP phone, works great. When calling via CVP after option #3 there's 16 sec of silence and call drops. TAC has informed us that we need a TCL script on the VXML gateway telling CVP to acknowledge the call and release it to CM? Or something to that effect. Any one experience this issue and have it working? Willing so share their config? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

9 Replies 9

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Another option would be to request that the carrier (I assume AT&T) configures the basic Transfer Connect Service (for blind transfer only) on the inbound trunks.

Then your option in the CVP menu returns a label of the form "DTMF*8,,8005551234" to CVP which informs the gateway to send in-band DTMF tones.

AT&T will transfer the call to the TP (target party) and drop the call at the RP (requesting party). The OP (originating party) will now be connected to the AT&T IVR. You have to pay for this service, of course.

(Whoops - I see you work for Verizon. You probably have Verizon as your carrier. Then something similar to TCS would be required from Verizon. I haven't worked with their transfer connect service, so I don't know the details.)

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

Thanks for the reply, yes the service is with AT&T. I'm a consultant to Verizon doing work for a customer of theirs. We are going to pursue some dialog with AT&T to see if we can convince them to support the standards "Connect/Connect ACK". Just looking for things we can do from our side assuming that we can not persuade them to change it.

Lance

shyam_koneru
Level 1
Level 1

Since, its working from the IP phone, try using the parameter "set mediawaitforconnect ON" in the vbadmin. What is your CUCM version?

We're running 6.1.3b su1. Thanks will talk to our Enterprise guy.

Shyam,

I just noticed you work for Spanlink, I've worked with some of your guys in the past down in Kansas City. Will Make sure our IPCC guy tries this and get back to you with the results.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Lance Aubry

Shyam,

We tried it as well as "SetLocationBasedCAC ON" and still no go.

But thank you for your suggestions.

Lance

Locations CAC will not help in this senario. If there is a way, i would also suggest bypassing the CCM in the last leg. Send a label from ICM and let the Gatekeeper route that label to External Gateway bypassing the CCM. Also, If you are using CVP4, then you can do a refer transfer label to CCM.

The H.323 Refer transfer can be invoked by either of the following method:

•Unified ICM sends Unified CVP a routing label with a format of RF88#xxxx# (For example, RF88#5551000#).

Shyam,

I'm not sure we can. Our environment is a little odd. I know IPCC Enterprise should have it's own gateways which are h323 controlled. But here everything in and out is via CM which is MGCP controlled here. But I will pass your suggestion on and see if we get anywhere.

Thanks again,

Lance Aubry

A little odd indeed. I went back and read your opening post and now I understand better.

Wow - I would love to see CVP separated out of that melange with H.323 (or SIP) gateways. Kudos for making CVP work in that environment.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: