Helpful
Replies

CVP on 7835/7825 wth Server 2003 R2 SP2 Crash

Robert.hamlin_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have something of a mystery.

We had built 3 servers:
2 model 7835 (CVP)/VXML) and 1 7825 (OpcConsole)
running Server 2003 R2 SP2

Over the weekend all three servers lost the ability to recognize the system icons such as "My Computer", Control Panels.. Then on reboot, all 3 servers would no longer boot into the OS and would only go to a black screen.

There is a fear that the servers which have been completely rebuild from scratch could have this problem again once they go production (Saturday). Has anyone heard of a issue like this where the OS on MCS servers will crater like this ?

We had to wipe them to keep the installation going but I have to find a reason for the massive failure.

The servers had a popup box with this message: "a problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license for this computer 0x80090019"

I know this is a generic MS error, but I am hoping someone has seen this out of this specific OS.

1 Reply 1

Chuck Smith
Level 1
Level 1

If these are IBM based MCS servers, like the x3650 M2, do yourself a HUGE favor and go to the IBM website, download the firmware updates for the UEFI and the IMM. Also get the Xpress update with the binaries as well and make sure that all drivers are up to date.

As a side note, when building windows servers that are the IBM type, use the "Server Guide" CD from IBM to stage the server with the patches from the get go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: