cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Sig digit-CUCM calls

Mark Applebee
Level 1
Level 1

I have SIP based CVP comprehensive call flow with 3 sig digits. Calls from PSTN comes with 10 digit DNIS and adding 3 sig digit before sending the call to CVP. CVP VRU label is 10 digit long and CVP ICM DNIS length is set to 13. This works fine for all the coming from PSTN.

But the call orginating from CUCM(CTI RP) was not worknig with the same same set up until I change the CUCM VRU label to 7 digit. The problem with 10 digit VRU labl for CUCM routing client was when the call is coming to CVP, it was not geting the right corelation id of the call. After changing CUCM VRU lable to 7 digit, the calls works fine.

But I just want to make sure this is the right way to do this as my CUCM vru label is 7 digit and CVP is 10 digit now.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi All - I hope below logic will help you out.

1. DNIS - 10 Digits + 3 Site Code ---> CVP (ICM DNIS: 13) , Since incoming DNIS is less than 13 CVP will treat this as New call and stips 3 Digits send it to ICM

2. Now ICM excutes the Script and returns 10 Digite Label + Corr ID ---> CVP, CVP again added the Site Code and send it to Correct VXML for VRU treatment.

3. If sig Digits in not invoked in Bootstrap.tcl file in VXML G/W, VXML returns DNIS as site Coce + VRU label + Corr ID which is greate than DNIS lenght in ICM tab

4. so CVP will treat this as Corr ID routed call and send Corr ID to ICM which helps ICM to resume the same Script to pass Sent to VRU.

5. Suppose if you are using strip digits in Bootstrap in VXML G/W you can have DNIS lenght as 10 in CVP Ops console Tab.

Solutions to your Problem:

1. You can have same 13 Digits in CVP Ops console and increase you CUCM Label as 13, No need to invoke stip digits in Bootstrap.tcl in VXML G/W

2. You can have 10 Digits in CVP OPs consle and CUCM label as 10 and strip 3 digits in Bootsratp.vxml file.

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lets Say, The Call was originated from CUCM to ICM via CTRP. Now ICM decides that this call needs the VRU Treatment, it sends the Label + Correlation ID back to CUCM.

Now before you send this call to CUSP or CVP you need to add the SiteCode (3 Digit) and send the Call.

Now CVP will remove that and send the call to ICM, ICM will again send the Label + Correlation ID (which will be different from the before) back to CVP, because Routing client is different.

You dont want to change the length of the VRU Label or DNIS length from CVP.

What error do you get, do you add the Site code before sending out the call from CUCM to CVP or CUSP

Regards,

Senthil

I have the same setup as you mentioned. After adding the site code (3 sig digit) the call is sending from CUCM to CVP. But I wasn't geting the correlation id right in CVP then. But after changing the cucm vru label to 7 digit it starts working. Just wondering whether this is the right way to do this.

Hi Mark,

Dont change the Max Length DNIS to 13 in the CVP OPS console. Let it be to 10. CVP will strip the site code and then it uses the first 10 digit as label and rest as Correlation ID.

Regards,

Senthil

Hi All - I hope below logic will help you out.

1. DNIS - 10 Digits + 3 Site Code ---> CVP (ICM DNIS: 13) , Since incoming DNIS is less than 13 CVP will treat this as New call and stips 3 Digits send it to ICM

2. Now ICM excutes the Script and returns 10 Digite Label + Corr ID ---> CVP, CVP again added the Site Code and send it to Correct VXML for VRU treatment.

3. If sig Digits in not invoked in Bootstrap.tcl file in VXML G/W, VXML returns DNIS as site Coce + VRU label + Corr ID which is greate than DNIS lenght in ICM tab

4. so CVP will treat this as Corr ID routed call and send Corr ID to ICM which helps ICM to resume the same Script to pass Sent to VRU.

5. Suppose if you are using strip digits in Bootstrap in VXML G/W you can have DNIS lenght as 10 in CVP Ops console Tab.

Solutions to your Problem:

1. You can have same 13 Digits in CVP Ops console and increase you CUCM Label as 13, No need to invoke stip digits in Bootstrap.tcl in VXML G/W

2. You can have 10 Digits in CVP OPs consle and CUCM label as 10 and strip 3 digits in Bootsratp.vxml file.

SIVANESAN R

SIVANESAN R

Thanks Sivanesan. I am using the solution 1. Thanks for clearing that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: