Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP SigDigit vs Location Based CAC

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

A while back I deployed a solution with CVP sigdigit. I am currently now supporting another solution with CVP location based CAC. I found this configuration for location based CAC to be laborious and prone to errors ( in a case where an administrator does not add the location id, site id to CVP or assign location to phones in CUCM).

My question is what is the recommended or preferred solution based on experience and adoption. Are there any advantages that one offer over the other ( that perhaps I am not aware of)

Thanks

Please rate all useful posts
2 Replies 2

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight
For what it's worth, we (the Cisco Partner I work for) use SigDigits as our best practice. I've never really used CAC other than legacy upgrades, but I would think that keeping track of site ID or making a mistake in CUCM would not make CAC an attractive solution. I've also found that troubleshooting with SigDigits is a lot easier than without - it gives you an idea of the comprehensive call flow is doing its job (prepending SigDigits, stripping it, adding it back on, etc...)

Thank you Omar for this. This is exactly my gut feeling as well. Its too cumbersome and the task of maintaining it can be demanding

Please rate all useful posts