cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP survivability--CVP_8_5_1_0_0_0_312

rafi.imran
Level 1
Level 1

I have assigned CVP survivability in the POTS dialpeer. Whenever call gets transferrred to the agent. On the ipphone display I get"--CVP_8_5_1_0_0_312" along with ANI.

I had traced this survivability.tcl and removed it so that I get only ANI on the ipphone and reloaded the GW, still facing the same issue.;

Any suggestions.

10 Replies 10

rafi.imran
Level 1
Level 1

HI.

ANY UPDATE.

Has anyone tried removing the "--CVP...." label which prefixes along with ANI on the IP phone whenever call transfers to agent from CVP ??

As you say, this is put there by survivability. But I don't think you should remove it.

# Notes about usrDstAddr and displayInfo

# CVP needs somthing to indicate that the call it is receiving was initiated from

# this script.  displayInfo was one place to 'hide' an indicator. 

[.. edited ...]

set tmpDisplay $saveDisplay

## CVP_8_5_1_0_0_0_312 starts with CVP

append tmpDisplay "--CVP_8_5_1_0_0_0_312"

set callInfo(displayInfo) $tmpDisplay

So you can see there appears to be a reason for this.

[opinion]

There are many things to focus on in CVP - absolute fault tolerance, fair load balancing, correct use of resources (no MTPs), high performance of the HTTP client cache and so on.

And there are some more sophisticated things to get working - perfect survivability when the WAN fails, correct application of LBCAC in a branch-office deployment, ensuring the right conferencing resources are used when an agent conferences a customer call.

Concentrate on all of these and don't worry about what the IP phone shows.

[/opinion]

Regards,

Geoff

Hi ,

Please apply the below parameter  in service cvp-survivability (paramspace callfeature med-inact-det enable)

service cvp-survivability flash:survivability.tcl

paramspace english language en

paramspace english index 0

param ccb id:172.x.x.x;loc:labpoc;trunks:5

paramspace english location flash

paramspace callfeature med-inact-det enable

paramspace english prefix en

Thanks & Regatds,

S. Ramamoorthy 

Regards,
Ram.S

We were able to correct this issue using the SIP Normalization script below.

M = {}
function M.inbound_ANY(msg)
  local from = msg:getHeader("Remote-Party-ID")
  if (from ~= nil) then 
    from = string.gsub(from, "--CVP[_0-9]*", "")
    msg:modifyHeader("Remote-Party-ID", from )
  end
end
function M.outbound_ANY_ANY(msg)
  local from = msg:getHeader("Remote-Party-ID")
  if (from ~= nil) then 
    from = string.gsub(from, "--CVP[_0-9]*", "")
    msg:modifyHeader("Remote-Party-ID", from )
  end
end
return M

Jason Hutchinson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

***(This from 8.0(1) but it appears to be the same issue)

CVP 8.0.1 release is supposed to use the version information display name in the survivability tcl by design. The override ANI ECC variable can be used to change that on the outbound call to the agent, details are in the CAG (Configuration and Administration Guide) document.  The CVP Configuration and Administration Guide contains information regarding the usage ECC variable call.user.microapp.override_cli.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp8_0/configuration/guide/cvp_801_cag.pdf

Chapter 12:

Configuration and Administration Guide for Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal Release 8.0(1)

Pg.377

The following section describes how to enable the call.user.microapp.override_cli ECCvariable, which you must configure to enable this feature.

Configuring CLI Override

CLI override is controlled from the Unified ICME routing script.

Note: For IP originated calls, the "Asserted-Identity" checkbox will need to be unchecked on the CUCM SIP Trunk configuration.

For SIP calls, the CLI Override feature is only supported using the ECC variable as shownin Method #2 below. Using a dynamic label as in Method #1 with "CLI" prepended is not supported.

You can configure CLI override one of two ways:

(First Method)Append CLI=NNNNNNNN to the label in a LABEL node. SettingNNNNNNNN to the word null will blank out the CLI on the transfer.

Example: Setting a label node to 1111;CLI=9876543 results in a transfer to 1111 using a CLIof 9876543.

Example: Setting a label node to 1111;CLI=null results in a transfer to 1111 using an emptyCLI.

(Second Method) Set the call.user.microapp.override_cli ECC variable before invoking atransfer using Queue to Skill Group, Label node, et cetera. The call.user.microapp.override_cliExpanded Call Variable List. Set the maximum length to the maximum length of the data thatwill be used for CLI override. The Unified CVP Call Server must be restarted

after adding thisvariable to Unified ICME. Setting the variable to the word null will blank out the CLI on thetransfer.

Example: Setting call.user.microapp.override_cli ECC variable to 9876543 prior to a Queueto SkillGroup where agent 1111 becomes available results in a transfer to 1111 using a CLI of9876543.

Example: Setting call.user.microapp.override_cli=null ECC variable prior to a Queue toSkill Group where agent 1111 becomes available results in a transfer to 1111 using an emptyCLI.

If both of the above methods are used in one routing script, the LABEL node CLI value takesprecedence over the ECC variable.

CLI override takes precedence over the SetSetupCallingNum command in VBAdmin. That is,the new CLI will always be propagated to the transfer call leg regardless of the value ofShowSetupCallingNum.

CLI override also forces the presentationIndicator to presentationAllowed on the transfer callleg.

Note: For SIP calls, the CLI Override feature is only supported using the ECC variable. Usinga dynamic label with "CLI" prepended is not supported.

I see a previous case with an Enhancement request:

Enhancement request opened by Account team :CD ID Record # 37318

Try using the SIP Header information like this.

SET sip.header = concatenate("Remote-Party-ID~mod~ ",$skillgroupname,"

<sip:",$ani,"@",$cvp_server," <>>

>;party=calling;screen=no;privacy=off")

Hi,

We have the same issue on CVP 9.

IP Phones receieves the Calling Party Name of "--CVP_9_0_1_0_0_0_670"

in the SIP INVITE it sends to CUCM the following:

Remote-Party-ID: "--CVP_9_0_1_0_0_0_670" <10.123.123.123>;party=calling;screen=no;privacy=off

I can see how the above Set SIP header might work.

Although I don;t understand the variables. there is no $cvp_server, but there is a variable call.cvp_server_info.

Is there a proper documented fix for this?

Gerry

mclenden
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old thread, but still relevant even today in CVP version 11.x
Configure the following voice class to disable the Calling Name on the ingress gateway and then  associate it to the incoming dial-peers for CVP. This is a Courtesy Callback friendly config.

voice class sip-profiles 1
 request INVITE sip-header From modify "-- CVP_8_5_1_0_0_312 (.*)" "\1"
 request INVITE sip-header Remote-Party-ID modify "-- CVP_8_5_1_0_0_312 (.*)" "\1”

dial-peer voice ### voip
 description CVP Inbound Calls
 voice-class sip profiles 1

The CVP part you are striping will be version dependent. You can get the exact version string from opening up the survivability.tcl script that you would transfer from CVP to the gateway.

For the current version of CVP 11.01, as of this post, the config would look like:

voice class sip-profiles 1
request INVITE sip-header From modify "-- CVP_11_0_1_0_0_0_335 (.*)" "\1"
request INVITE sip-header Remote-Party-ID modify "-- CVP_11_0_1_0_0_0_335 (.*)" "\1"

**Courtesy Jay Perry -CtiPath

I found taht if you remove this at the GW level, it works for the initial call from CVP to the Agent.

But can re-appear on subsequent transfers. 

I can't remember the exact call flow, but I found a better location to remove this was at CUCM using SIP Normalization rules.

Sample config below.

the question Cisco need to answer is why are they doing this, and why do not document a way to removing this, as it has a negative effect on user experience, not only for when the agent receives the call, but when an agent reviews call logs on Cisco phone.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/sip_tn/9_1_1/sip_t_n/preface.html

M = {}
function M.inbound_ANY(msg)
  -- Remove the display name from the Remote Party ID Header Inbound
  local rpid = msg:getHeader("Remote-Party-ID")
  local uri = string.match(rpid, "(<.+>.+)")
  msg:modifyHeader("Remote-Party-ID",uri)
end
function M.inbound_ANY_ANY(msg)
  -- Remove the display name from the Remote Party ID Header Outbound
  local  rpid = msg:getHeader("Remote-Party-ID")
  local uri = string.match(rpid, "(<.+>.+)")
  msg:modifyHeader("Remote-Party-ID",uri)
end
return M

Good man gorourke, we will give this a try in our lab and report back. Hopefully this is a better way to go about it.

Peace,

Michael Clendening