cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP transfer out of call center preserving original calling number/ANI

fzhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.  I have a question about how to preserve the original calling number (customer number) when transferring out of call center. The system is UCCE 8 with CAD. After agent talks to the caller he might need to transfer the call to outside of the call center (or the enterprise), another toll free number. We need the other toll free system to be able to get the original caller number. I understand that with CAD direct transfering out the orignal ANI cannot be carried along. So how can we do this, with CVP? Thanks a lot.

2 Replies 2

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am affraid this will not be possible as the call leaves the enterprise network. Even with SIP deployment, CUCM doesnt support the original ANI to be passed on to final/forwarded destination on PSTN.

I am curious to know if there are any alternatives in place. Even if there are any, I would recommend you get official word from Cisco on it's supportability.

Pls rate helpful posts, always.

GP.

I think take back and transfer feature in CVP call control should work in this case. Does anyone has any details or document about how to do CVP take back and transfer? Thanks.

Fan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: