cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP UCCE 12.0 Payload

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

How do I configure UCCE 12.0 to use a certain payload for CTI?
I've created a payload named CTI_Payload and added members (ECC variables).
Now how do I tell the system to use it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1.I created a payload named CVP_Payload and moved the user.microapp.caller_input, ToExtVXML, and FromExtVXML out of the DefaultPayload and into the CVP_Payload. This then allows me to increase the size of these to sum to approx <= 2000 bytes - right?

Correct. The concept is that you have a VRU/MR payload, agent pg payload and a default payload. If your solution does not require more ECC variable space than what's already provided, then you'll only need the default payload.

2.Must I also assign user.CourtesyCallbackEnabled and isPostCallSurvey into the CVP_Payload?

If you have a VRU Payload, then yes, you would remove those from the default and include them in your VRU Payload. Basically, anything that routes to the VRU would go in your VRU Payload

3.When executing microapps, must I assign the ECC variables used by microapps (inline_tts, input_types, app_media_lib, etc) to their own payload (like a Microapp_Payload)?

They would not get their own payload, they would be included in the VRU Payload

4.If I want the FromExtVXML to be sent to an agent, should I include the array as part of an Agent_Payload?

Yes

5.Is it possible to switch back to the Default Payload using the Payload node in ICM?

Yes, it's flexible like that

6.Once I switch from the CVP_Payload to the Agent_Payload (for example), does the ICM script still have access to the variable values returned from VXMLServer in the FromExtVXML array?

From the Scripting and Media Guide: You can use several ECC payloads in the same call flow, but only one ECC payload has scope at a given moment. TCDs and TCDs record the ID of the ECC payload that had scope during that leg of the call. So if I'm understanding your question correctly, can you reference data in another ECC payload while you're in scope of a non-VRU payload. I believe the answer is yes, but whatever you're scoped on is what will write to the database depending on which leg of the call it is.

My view of all this is that if you're not a large enterprise call center, it might be best to stick with the default payload, especially on upgrades.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight
You want to use the new ECC Payload node in your routing script. I've been mainly placing this node before my PQ and Service Level CT nodes.

There was a Cisco session that touched on this just last week, I will see if the recording/slides are posted and let you know. As Omar mentioned, it looked like it is mostly a matter of setting the UCCE node right before the queue to skill group/Precision Queue node.

So, to be clear.

1.I created a payload named CVP_Payload and moved the user.microapp.caller_input, ToExtVXML, and FromExtVXML out of the DefaultPayload and into the CVP_Payload. This then allows me to increase the size of these to sum to approx <= 2000 bytes - right?

2.Must I also assign user.CourtesyCallbackEnabled and isPostCallSurvey into the CVP_Payload?

3.When executing microapps, must I assign the ECC variables used by microapps (inline_tts, input_types, app_media_lib, etc) to their own payload (like a Microapp_Payload)?

4.If I want the FromExtVXML to be sent to an agent, should I include the array as part of an Agent_Payload?

5.Is it possible to switch back to the Default Payload using the Payload node in ICM?

6.Once I switch from the CVP_Payload to the Agent_Payload (for example), does the ICM script still have access to the variable values returned from VXMLServer in the FromExtVXML array?

Thanks, Janine

Correct. The concept is that you have a VRU/MR payload, agent pg payload and a default payload. If your solution does not require more ECC variable space than what's already provided, then you'll only need the default payload.

If you have a VRU Payload, then yes, you would remove those from the default and include them in your VRU Payload. Basically, anything that routes to the VRU would go in your VRU Payload

They would not get their own payload, they would be included in the VRU Payload

Yes

Yes, it's flexible like that

From the Scripting and Media Guide: You can use several ECC payloads in the same call flow, but only one ECC payload has scope at a given moment. TCDs and TCDs record the ID of the ECC payload that had scope during that leg of the call. So if I'm understanding your question correctly, can you reference data in another ECC payload while you're in scope of a non-VRU payload. I believe the answer is yes, but whatever you're scoped on is what will write to the database depending on which leg of the call it is.

My view of all this is that if you're not a large enterprise call center, it might be best to stick with the default payload, especially on upgrades.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: