Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP VRU PIM Failover

andrewchandler1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Im currently going though a test plan for a 8.5.3 UCCE implementation, we have CVP for edge queuing one the test is to place a call into a queue and cycle the active VRU PIM, when i do this the caller stays in the queue but when an agent becomes available the call doesnt get routed to the agent. Is there a way to ensure the call is routed from the queue to the agent or will the caller be disconnected

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kris Lambrechts
Level 1
Level 1

No, this is not possible, any calls with active VRU treatment will fail when there is a VRU PG fail-over. I'm surprised however that the call even stays connected when you kill the VRU PIM. The call willl / should fail as soon as you kill the VRU PIM (or rather as soon as the current microapp / VXML application is finished). You could catch these calls with the error treatment though and do some kind of default routing / re-offer to CVP.

Cheers,

Kris

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Kris Lambrechts
Level 1
Level 1

No, this is not possible, any calls with active VRU treatment will fail when there is a VRU PG fail-over. I'm surprised however that the call even stays connected when you kill the VRU PIM. The call willl / should fail as soon as you kill the VRU PIM (or rather as soon as the current microapp / VXML application is finished). You could catch these calls with the error treatment though and do some kind of default routing / re-offer to CVP.

Cheers,

Kris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: