cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP VXML license excess issue

lee yongbeom
Level 1
Level 1

If the CVP VXML license is exceeded, I'm sorry~ or silence occurs.
What is the cause of the silent state?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Or maybe those onhold audio files are missing/not in the location specified in the application? Never have tried to see what happens if those were called but not present.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Hi, I think you'll need to clarify what you mean before people might be able to help you.

Are you asking what happens if your license is no longer valid (i.e. it expired on March 21st, 2021) and you reboot/calls come in?

Or are you asking what happens if you have 100 licenses, they all are in use, the 101st call comes in?

Or something else?

Is this specifically for VXML or CVP?

Lastly, keep in mind this behavior also changes/is different if you're using Smart Licensing (new) versus what Cisco has done traditionally on version 12 and prior).

lee yongbeom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My asking what happens if I have 100 VXML licenses, they all are in use, the 101st call comes in?

Symptoms are that I'm sorry~ is played or continues in a silent state.

So my question is
1. Why does the silent state occur and can I change it so that I'm sorry~ can be played?
2. I'm sorry~ Can I replace the wav file with something else?

Unless something has changed, this is determined by the settings in your CVP/VXML application.

For instance, what do you have as the on hold audio file under Call Studio/Audio settings? That is what should be playing in this case.

I wouldn't expect you to hear silence if you're just out of VXMLServer
licenses. Perhaps you're out of Call Server licenses?

1) If you're hearing a male voice that says:

"We're experiencing heavy call volume, please hold..." that's in
VXMLServer/Tomcat/webapps/cvp/audio/onhold_initial.wav and there's also
onhold_continue.wav

"I'm sorry we're experiencing technical difficulty, call back at a later
time, goodbye." that's in VXMLServer/Tomcat/webapps/cvp/audio/error.wav

2) If you're hearing a female voice that says "I'm sorry but we're
experiencing system problems..."  that's from ICM or the call server.

Can you tell from your ICM Script where it's failing? Is it at the Send
to VRU node? Is it at a RunExtScript node?

Or maybe those onhold audio files are missing/not in the location specified in the application? Never have tried to see what happens if those were called but not present.

I tried testing by changing the location of onhold audio files to tomcat, IIS, fresh, but all of them sometimes silence.

Sorry for the confusion.

There are 3000 Call Server licenses and 225 VXML Server licenses.
During testing, maintaining about 250 concurrent calls for about 10 minutes
Most of the time it sounds like "We're experiencing heavy call volume, please hold..." , but sometimes there is silence and the call hangs up or stays.
I am wondering in which case silence occurs and the call hangs up or does not hang up.

The silence might be before you get to CVP so you're not hearing anything. I would validate that the silence calls are making it out of your GW as I suspect that's where they are failing.

david

In My case it is failing from the RunExtScript node

Hi @AssuranceTL8844 , if you're having a different issue with it failing (which is different than the original license question), please start a new post with the issue, errors, and versions that you're using and the community may be able to offer you suggestions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: